Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Hopefully some of the gals on here. If any of the guys on here have girlfriends or wives that are interested in doing a track day (both experienced riders and beginners), I wanted to post up some info about a Ladies Only Track Day that is coming up on Labor Day, 2015 at the Talladaga Grand Prix track. Here is the info about it.....

I would like to announce a Ladies Only Track on Sept. 7th, 2015 at the Talladaga Grand Prix Raceway in Munford, AL. This event is for ladies only and is being done by www.sportbiketracktime.com

My wife and I are Instructors with STT and will be at the event working/coaching. If you've never done a track day, this is a great place to do your first one. The track is mostly level, so no worries about elevation changes and/or blind corners, yet technical enough to keep even the most seasoned veterans entertained and challenged.

Here is a link to the actual purchase page........
https://www.sportbiketracktime.com/t...er-ladiesfirst

And here is a link to the STT website which will give you a lot of information on the rules, bike prep, riding gear requirements, and so on.......
https://www.sportbiketracktime.com/

If you have any questions regarding the event, please PM me. We are hoping for a great turn out and a fun filled day.

Thanks,

Vern Lux..........STT Southern Region Instructor

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
i've always wanted to go to one of these, i know there's one in vegas (or used to be). if i still lived in the south i would be there

Reactions: xrated

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you imagine someone suggesting a male only trackday, there would be outrage....
That's pretty much what they all were when I started doing track days in 2005. It was rare to see a lady participating in a track day....at least in the midwest, where I lived at the time. Now, it's not unusual to see anywhere from several, to maybe 8 or 10 on a typical track day down south with STT. I've had lady customers that were late teens in age all the way up to probably early 50's and every age inbetween. I'll have to say that the majority of the time, the ladies are easier to work with than most of the guys. They listen intently, they are anxious to learn, and there is generally ZERO ego to deal with. One of the ladies that was in my group several times is an E.R. Doctor. I'm happy to see more and more women coming into the sport/hobby and hopefully, the Ladies Day at Tally will be a huge success.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Yes pretty disappointing imo.

I would understand if this were a contact sport but its not.

·
Registered
346 Posts
STT has slowly started to introduce these events to great success and I loudly applaud it. I am a capable rider, confident and far from risk averse - yet I still was extremely nervous my first few trackdays. They're trying to help make a very intimidating sport more approachable and expand interest in our sport. Embrace it for what it is and what it is intended to do then send STT a thank you card and invite to your wedding when you find that lady who can show you a wheel.

·
Registered
966 Posts
My ex did a trackday with me at Indy once and hated it. About a year later I convinced her to go to Femmwalla at chuckwalla and it was a completely different story. Arroyo is planning a free girls only track day coming up that my current girlfriend is going to attend if at all possible. Its a great way to get girls who are intimidated by the male dominated scene to get comfortable and enjoy the sport.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Yeah, this is a great idea and my lady rider friends love going to them. The learning environment can be very different when it's controlled in this way. This has nothing to do with performance or competition, if you think it does you're getting the wrong impression. This isn't about excluding anyone, rather making new and more opportunities.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Time is counting down.......less than 2 weeks away for the Ladies Only event at Tally. Hope to see some members or wives or girlfriends of members down there. Come and introduce yourself if you make it down. My wife Peggy will be coaching also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts