Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys that don't know. Laguna qualifying is on tonight 7/21 at 9PM on Speed.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I'm glad since the official site is having problems again. There is a red flag accourding to the live timing, and I have no idea what happened. Thier flea market-bought servers must be overloaded, so I can't get the live feed. That site sucks balls! This crap happens far too often on that site.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
wow melandri just took a hard fall!!!!

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
What was up with Alex Baros getting in Stoner's way
then Carlos Checa getting in Hopper's way and even when Hopper
tried to swerve around him the bitch refused to move over
you guys saw hopper doing the side kick i bet he was pissed

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I bet there was a verbal battle in the pits. Hopper was on his way to his best lap. If that didn't happen he would have qualified way better. And where you qualify is so important as we all know.

·
Registered
608 Posts
they should dock time, points or something. i mean he was in lala land @ 60mph.
Yea I bet there was a verbal battle in the pits. Hopper was on his way to his best lap. If that didn't happen he would have qualified way better. And where you qualify is so important as we all know.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yeah Hopper was pissed...lol. Glad to see NIcky get 4th. Hope he can pull out the win tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
What was up with Alex Baros getting in Stoner's way
then Carlos Checa getting in Hopper's way and even when Hopper
tried to swerve around him the bitch refused to move over
you guys saw hopper doing the side kick i bet he was pissed

Yeah I know! That was gnarly! I've defnitely been there before..Screaming out of your helmet and wanting to punt the guy..

What about the melandri incident with kurtis roberts? Whatsup with that? Did melandri just not expect that kurtis was gonna be going that slow then corrected and found out that he had no room? Or did he actually clip robert's bike with his brake lever (I think that's what the announcer said, but I sort of missed it).

It was defnitely an interesting qualifying session to watch though. Roger looks like he's adjusting pretty good to the bike. I wish they showed miguel though. I probably missed it if they did.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
Yeah I know! That was gnarly! I've defnitely been there before..Screaming out of your helmet and wanting to punt the guy..

What about the melandri incident with kurtis roberts? Whatsup with that? Did melandri just not expect that kurtis was gonna be going that slow then corrected and found out that he had no room? Or did he actually clip robert's bike with his brake lever (I think that's what the announcer said, but I sort of missed it).

It was defnitely an interesting qualifying session to watch though. Roger looks like he's adjusting pretty good to the bike. I wish they showed miguel though. I probably missed it if they did.
Roberts got in the way and Melandri's brake lever clipped Roberts. I watched in slow motion a few times and you can see the front tire locked up leaving a nice skid mark.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Actually in an interview with K Roberts he stated he could not
get out of the way due to bike problems ( bike slowing down )
and it seems to from his facial expression he was not happy about what happened

As far as Checa goes he said that he slowed down due to a yellow flag
being waved and he was following rules not knowing Hooper was behind him
But even if u give him that when hooper tried to go around him he was still blocking him

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wouldn't be surprised if Checa did that on purpose. It was the final minute he knew people were going for it. He was right in the middle of the track! He prolly wasn't out to get Hopper but anybody trying to make a good time.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Actually in an interview with K Roberts he stated he could not get out of the way due to bike problems ( bike slowing down ) and it seems to from his facial expression he was not happy about what happened
I think I heard or read that same interview and I'm sure he's not too happy about the incident. I kept wondering why, if he knew his bike had no power and was slowing due to mechanical problems, he did not:
1) get completely off the race line;
2) throw an arm or foot out to signal other riders of his troubles, but did have plenty of time to turn around an look back just before impact.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but it just seems like Riding 101.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts