Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got so toasted yeterday from watching the event. We did not mind the heat, hunger and thirst during the time since the line for food & drinks is long enough to miss the race but after the last race and we are heading to the parking lot, we were so hungry, thirsty, tired and most of all SUNBURN!!! OUCH!!!...OUCH!!!...OUCH!!!

Traffic was really bad...

We left Sacramento at 4AM on 07/10 to get there before 9AM and we barely made it. The whole event was over at 4PM and we started to wait for the traffic to clear up at 4:30PM but we did not get back in Sacramento until 1AM on 07/11 but everything was worth it.

I can't get the smell and sound of the race out off my head. The whole experience is just overwhelming and I can't find the right words to explain my feelings . I think I'm in love again. lol

Here's the cover story...

Hayden leads 1-2 American finish in U.S. Grand PrixJuly 10, 2005

MONTEREY, Calif. (AP) -- Nicky Hayden became the first U.S. rider to win a world MotoGP race in five years Sunday, leading from start to finish to beat fellow American Colin Edwards in the U.S. Grand Prix.

Hayden celebrated the win -- his first in 38 MotoGP starts -- before a crowd of 57,000 at Laguna Seca Raceway by taking his father, Earl, along for the victory lap on the back of his Honda holding an American flag. ``This feels so good,'' Hayden said. ``I got a good start, I kept my head down and never let up. Thanks to the team for believing in me, thanks to my mom and dad and thanks to all the fans, waving and cheering me on. They gave me something I'll never forget.''

Edwards finished second, 1.941 seconds back to give the United States its first 1-2 finish on the MotoGP circuit since the 1993 Spanish Grand Prix.
Hayden, from Kentucky, is the first U.S. winner since Kenny Roberts took the 2000 Pacific Grand Prix in Motegi, Japan. Italian star Valentino Rossi finished third, snapping his five-race winning streak.

·
Registered
38 Posts
my gp story about 1:20 sunday walking the paddock near the Repsol garage

people started running to the trailer where nicky was staying and i run over too

guess who comes out NICKY and i shove my nicky picture that HONDA was giving

out and surely he signs and thats just right before he heads toward the garage

and its history and wins the us gp

·
Registered
38 Posts
another story of mine is saturday walking the paddock area people were gathering

around a person and i had to know who it was and surely in his blue

moviestar shirt it was COLIN EDWARDS. and the only thing i had him sign is my

new official red bull usgp plastic ticket hold that cost 8 dollars and having

lots of FREE VODKA AND RED BULL IN THE RED BULL TENT before seeing him

as he was signing my ticket holder I said to colin " colin i know u can beat Nicky"

and this is what colin replys " tell me something i dont know " thats was sooo

great and thats how i got the only 2 autographs of the 1 2 american riders

of the usgp

·
Registered
38 Posts
is my story too good 2 b true if u dont believe its cool but i got proof .

THEIR AUTOGRAPH. and the memories from there and i ll tell u more cause i got

more stories 2 tell if u want to read .and question 2 u RR DO U WANT NICKYS

AUTOGRAPH. I GOT ONE

·
Registered
38 Posts
also i see u r a SETE FAN i almost got his autograph too but he was always

running in a hurrry to the garage but i got a picture of him on my disposable

camera. i have 2 say to all the members of 600rr message.. i dont have too

lie about my experiences at the gp causes i am truely a fan of motogp

·
Registered