Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so reading threw the multiple posts regarding MotoGP 2005, i quicklly began to swim in it all--all the posiblities, i didn't really think i could go, and most of it seemed like Cali people talking to Cali people. I don't know much about Cali. Well, now i want to go and i need help putting together a plan of attack. so, i thought i would start a thread just for the lagistics of getting and being there. I know i want to camp at the track but not sure how many days. So, how do i go about this? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do i need a hotel room if i'm going to camp at the track? ok, here are my questions:

1. where do i fly into?
2. I'll just get a car at the airport and go to the track right?
3. when should i try schedule my arrival?
4. what's up at the track on each day...more importantly..do i want to be there friday...and if i want to be at the track friday do i want to get there thrusday night which would be the 3 day addmission and 3 day camping? ( you can see i've already confused myself... :bitchslap: )
5. what's up with bike rentals? can i mark in some twisty time somewhere in there?
6. what is a reasonable amount to expect to spend on food/drink/fun while there?
5. and anything else i should know that i can't think of right now.

man, can you tell i'm getting myself worked up....

·
Registered
725 Posts
at the very least get your tickets now ... i already picked up my GA 3 day passes and paddock passes

I'm going to worry about the rest alittle later ... i know I should start book a room, but a friend might have family near by so that will help

·
Registered
150 Posts
RelfF2 said:
do i need a hotel room if i'm going to camp at the track? ok, here are my questions:

1. where do i fly into?
2. I'll just get a car at the airport and go to the track right?
3. when should i try schedule my arrival?
4. what's up at the track on each day...more importantly..do i want to be there friday...and if i want to be at the track friday do i want to get there thrusday night which would be the 3 day addmission and 3 day camping? ( you can see i've already confused myself... :bitchslap: )
5. what's up with bike rentals? can i mark in some twisty time somewhere in there?
6. what is a reasonable amount to expect to spend on food/drink/fun while there?
5. and anything else i should know that i can't think of right now.

man, can you tell i'm getting myself worked up....
Maybe I can help a little. I live in the Chicago area and last month, I attended the World Superbike races at Laguna.

1) I flew into San Jose and it took about an hour and a half to drive to the Laguna Seca area.
2) San Jose airport has all the normal car rental options
3) I got there Friday around 11am and got to the track around 2pm after first checking into my hotel. They had practice sessions most of the day Friday; however, I am not sure how the MotoGP schedule will compare to the World SB schedule.
4) You may want to check the Laguna Seca website to see if they still have the schedule from this years World SB race posted. That will give you an idea of the days events.
5)www.sportbikerentals.com
6) You can spend as much or as little as you want. It all depends on where you eat etc.
7) don't know

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brilama, thanks alot. so, if i want to watch some practice which will most likely be all day friday then i wont miss anything by getting there mid day. so, i'll need a 3 day ticket but only a 2 day camping pass right? kick *ss. I'm sure there will be more on the shcedule for GP to come, but i'm just trying to sort all this out in my mind.

·
Registered
150 Posts
RelfF2 said:
Brilama, thanks alot. so, if i want to watch some practice which will most likely be all day friday then i wont miss anything by getting there mid day. so, i'll need a 3 day ticket but only a 2 day camping pass right? kick *ss. I'm sure there will be more on the shcedule for GP to come, but i'm just trying to sort all this out in my mind.
That will work. On Friday, I had an 8:30am direct flight from Chicago to San Jose. We landed around 11am and I was at the car rental around 11:30. I got to my hotel at around 1pm and was at the track around 2 or 2:30. We saw 2 or 3 hours of practice on Friday. I think the practice started around 10am on Friday so, if you get an earlier flight, you can see more on Friday. Again, this is all based on the World SB schedule.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah... for sure fly into San Jose, but call these guys it you really want to have a good time and enjoy all the kick ass roads we have out here...

www.sportbikerental.com
talk to Santiago, very nice guy, and best of all, we sponsor all their rental bikes :D

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just called the track, and you can mix the three day ticket with the 2 night camping. so looks like that's what i'm going to do. And i probibly won't leave untill Monday so i can do some riding. Which means i need:

Flight from Indy to San Jose
car
$90 3 day ticket
$60 2 night camping pass
cheep hotel for sunday night
bike for monday morning/afternoon.
Friday and Monday off work.

:thumbup: i think it starting to come together. :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
Me and a few friends are driving (trailering the bikes) up probably on Wed and staying an extended weekend. We have a hotel room, and will probably lock the bikes in the trailer over night...thinking we will have extra room if anybody wants to throw theirs in too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Why don't we all come together and get a group trip to go. It would be much cheaper and we could have a big a$$ meet with the east and west coast 600rr.net members.

What do you guys think?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts