Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of losers that didn't go to Laguna.

Here are some updates.

I was there and saw Xaus crash
Xaus Crashes
Friday, July 08, 2005

Fortuna Yamaha rider Ruben Xaus crashed moments ago here at Laguna Seca. Xaus appeared to clip a curb and fall semi-harmlessly in the turn 3-4-5 section.

Xaus' two falls on the warm-up lap for a Laguna Seca World Superbike race several years ago is still the unofficial 'Soup bone head move world record.
Can an American win this thing?
Afternoon Practice Session Goes To Hayden
done for the day
by dean adams
Friday, July 08, 2005

Pos. Rider Team Bike Time
1 Nicky Hayden Repsol Honda Team Honda RCV211 1:24.228
2 Troy Bayliss Camel Honda Honda RCV211 1:24.451
3 Max Biaggi Repsol Honda Team Honda RCV211 1:24.542
4 Alex Barros Camel Honda Honda RCV211 1:24.564
5 John Hopkins Team Suzuki Suzuki GSV-R 1:24.679
6 Colin Edwards Yamaha Gauloises Team Yamaha M1 1:24.696
7 Sete Gibernau Telefonica Movistar Honda Honda RCV211 1:24.802
8 Marco Melandri Telefonica Movistar Honda Honda RCV211 1:24.938
9 Carlos Checa Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati Desmosedici 1:25.042
10 Valentino Rossi Yamaha Gauloises Team Yamaha M1 1:25.098
11 Shinya Nakano Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki 1:25.309
12 Kenny Roberts Jnr. Team Suzuki Suzuki GSV-R 1:25.352
13 Makoto Tamada Konica Minolta Honda Honda RCV211 1:25.457
14 Toni Elias Fortuna Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha M1 1:25.574
15 Alex Hofmann Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki 1:25.882
16 Loris Capirossi Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati Desmosedici 1:26.150
Images from today
Hayden

Hopper

Sete

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Really sweet pics ! ! ! . . thanks for the update. Lets see how tomorrows qual times differ from these free ones.. . .. . keep those pics comin' ! ! !

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Friday Afternoon MotoGP Practice Notes
by dean adams
Friday, July 08, 2005

The lap times are dropping, but not by as much as one might think. MotoGP rider Troy Bayliss broke his own lap record earlier this afternoon (set with the old track configuration) and Nick Hayden and seven others went faster than the old record in this afternoon's MotoGP session, but the MotoGP lap times really aren't dropping as quickly as some predicted. It appears that the MotoGP riders are just trying to come to terms with riding such powerful machines on a relatively short racetrack; there didn't seem to be a great deal of the cat and mouse or less experienced riders trying to learn the lines of the more experienced riders, they all seemed to be trying to refine their technique and set-up to obtain a faster lap time.

Currently, Mat Mladin's fast lap--set this morning in one single Superbike practice session-- is still fast enough for sixteenth-fastest in MotoGP.

The top six riders in this afternoon MotoGP practice session all had prior experience at Laguna Seca.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tiltedworld said:
Tuna, See ya there Sunday amongst the sea of humanity or even Sat night at Cannery Row. LOL, like we'll bump into each other with 150,000 other people around Hahhah.
unfortunately my business is struggling right now and i had to give up my tickets. i called my buddy today and his VIP tickets have him sitting above the GP paddocks....all he could say was oh facking awesome it was and you better have ear plugs

fack i wish i was there

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
wait, we went from this:
BigTuna said:
For all of losers that didn't go to Laguna.
to this:
BigTuna said:
unfortunately my business is struggling right now and i had to give up my tickets.

fack i wish i was there

so your right with the rest of us, man this sucks. wish i could go too.
sorry BT, i feel your pain...... almost.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
UPS757pf said:
Just a question for those who got the paddock passes with their tickets, will it get you into the MotoGP paddock or the AMA Paddock?
Not most of the time. Today they let people with paddock passes into the GP paddock at around 3:30. I'm not sure if they had let people in earlier or not, but I don't think so.

·
Tell me I'm cool PLEASE!
811 Posts
I'm sure it's a fustercluck w/ AMA and MotoGP sharing the same track. Hope Nicky can get some pointers from the Super Experienced guys like Miguel. He really didn't have much opportunity to learn from him, nor Valentino. 2 big chances, now he's on his own (sort of). Don't know how much he can learn from Max, considering he's past his prime, and his job is in jeapardy w/ Pedrosa coming next year.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Jaybird180 said:
I'm sure it's a fustercluck w/ AMA and MotoGP sharing the same track. Hope Nicky can get some pointers from the Super Experienced guys like Miguel. He really didn't have much opportunity to learn from him, nor Valentino. 2 big chances, now he's on his own (sort of). Don't know how much he can learn from Max, considering he's past his prime, and his job is in jeapardy w/ Pedrosa coming next year.
Honestly I don't think that Nicky should need many pointers @ Laguna. He has raced here before (and won) and seemed to be back up to speed pretty quickly yesterday. I really think that this is his BEST chance (so far) to win a race in his Moto GP career. Real interested to see what kind of charge Rossi makes up the time-sheets today (and you know he will!!!) as he gets more acclimated to the track. I dare say that Laguna is the most challenging track on the GP schedule this year. This will shed a small amount of light on the theory of "native vs. foreign racers".

1 - 20 of 41 Posts