Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Laid my bike down. Left handel BAR-END SLIDER is broken. I tried to tighten the screw again but found that the thread inside left handel bar is broken.

1. Any ideas what i can do to fix it.
2. If i have to buy a new handel bar, where can i get it, i checked with my local dealers & they said it takes atleast 20 days to order it.
3. What's the use of BAR-END SLIDER .
Any help is appretiated.

·
Registered
351 Posts
20days .they bullshiting you.
Honda Takes 3-5 days 7 the most
They probably said that cuz you not spending much money with themso they are like.ehh w/.e
I just dumped 750bux at my dealership and they had parts there the third day and started work the same day.

I'd just check e-bay see what you can find.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Well i had the same problem ...the bar end broke. Well the part that broke off is the innner weight of the handle bar. U dont need the handle bar just the inner weight part. u can get it from ronayers for about 12 bucks + shippling. I ordered mine from the dealer and they told me its on backorder from the manufacture and its going to take some time. Very eazy to put on.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Mine snapped off inside the tube when the asphalt ate the kickstand. Call me cheap but I was just going to epoxy it back in there. It snapped right at the end of the screw, the zinc alloy threaded area snapped off with it.

Any problems with Epoxy? I figure It might actually hold together next time (I hope not) it goes down

·
Registered
615 Posts
look on ebay... same thing happen to me, i found a whole right side handle bar assembly for like $20 and just used the part i needed.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Well, nobody answered your 3rd question so I'm going to take a stab at it. The bar-ends are there to help keep the clip-ons from vibrating your hand numb. My right one broke once and I rode around without it for a week while I waited for the replacement to come in, and I could feel the difference in my hand. If I'm wrong and someone know the answer please correct me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts