Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
G

·
And your side impact protection just went to none.
I'd laugh my ass off if I ever saw that and the door got stuck half way.

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,879 Posts
I bet the doors still have some type of airbag deployment.

Looks sweet though

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,879 Posts
Airbag deployment wont do anything when there's no structural support to prevent a car from running you over inside the car.

Well theres a door! hahaha :bootyshak Better than nothing!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the door still latches in front and back, once the door is closed its latched in just the same as a reg door, hit from the side, front, rear i dont think theres any difference than a regular door, it is still a prototype design but i dont see any structural differences as far as safety!

it is trick tho, so i figured id share!

G

·
the door still latches in front and back, once the door is closed its latched in just the same as a reg door, hit from the side, front, rear i dont think theres any difference than a regular door, it is still a prototype design but i dont see any structural differences as far as safety!
The structural support from the frame is gone.

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,879 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The structural support from the frame is gone.
how is it any more gone than a regular door, latched front and rear just like a reg door, and a reg door hinge is 4" out from jamb ( to allow pivot), this latches directly to jamb.

niether door has any structual support when open but closed i dont see much difference

G

·
Look at the frame, not the door.

There's no frame support in that area.

A door is a door, but when you remove the structural side support you normally see in cars, you lose all side impact protection.

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
at least it looks cool. haha

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,879 Posts
Look at the frame, not the door.

There's no frame support in that area.

A door is a door, but when you remove the structural side support you normally see in cars, you lose all side impact protection.

I see lots of protection :all_cohol

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
many different cars today do away with the b-pillar, rx8, saturns even most trucks now have suicide type doors with no side structural support and still meet standards!

whether its practical or not is something we can debate all day

but ya gotta admit its pretty trick !

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,879 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts