Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I got so scared today coming home from work.

I was heading down on Flower St in Downtown LA and decided to scoot inbetween two cars. I assumed I fit, but I was wrong. I hit both mirrors and almost dropped the stupid bike. That's not the worst part. The very worst was sitting at the red light with the crazy woman driver screming at me about her mirror. All I could do was sit there while she kept ranting. The dude on my left was cool. I didn't hear a peep out of him. As soon as the light went green I was long way down the street.

Hopefully she didn't get tags since I managed to move her mirror exorcist style.

How do you guys gauge if you fit or not. I was almost clearing, but then this happened.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
What did you hit her mirrors with? Your elbows? or our bike?
Just say, "You didn't see me and almost ran me over back there, so I flipped yo' mirror, biyotch!" Play it off, lol
My pants grazed a quarter panel before going from one lane to the other, that was pretty scary, too.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It's legal here in LA to cut in between cars.

Whatajourney how fast were you cutting through those cars? If you go slow you can gage better. But my suggestion to you is don't cut in between cars is you have any doubts. Don't do it!!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
lol i tapped a mirror of this ladies car who was riding the right side of the fast lane on the freeway i was doin like 25 her like 15 i figured its san diego she should know what bikes do by now if not if not she should now. i never really put myself in real tight spots so i dont have that problem at lights.

·
Professional smart @ss
2,345 Posts
its simple, look. if you dont see at least 3 feet of space dont split. if a biker hit my mirrors and split i guarantee he wouldnt be able to ride his bike home when i got done with it.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its simple, look. if you dont see at least 3 feet of space dont split. if a biker hit my mirrors and split i guarantee he wouldnt be able to ride his bike home when i got done with it.

ahaha

Some people here get so frustrated that bikes can split even fellow riders int heir cages.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Measure it by mirror to mirror or barend to barend. I normally check by my shoulder width if I'm moving a bit fast.
Sometimes it's a little too tight and I have to do a little weave to make my mirror go under the cage's mirror.
I think it's fun to dodge mirrors while splitting, lol.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts