Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
"Reducing Emmission Rates through improved traffic flow and mandatory filtering"

Everyone is going to think it's about filtering exhausts, but we're actually talking about lane splitting. :laugh:

·
Registered
621 Posts
"Reducing Emmission Rates through improved traffic flow and mandatory filtering"

Everyone is going to think it's about filtering exhausts, but we're actually talking about lane splitting. :laugh:

lol

'mandatory' implies that you have to do it... however not everyone likes filtering. I see plenty of bikers who have been taught to do it in their bike test, but still choose to sit in traffic.
They obviously need to work on their slow-speed control and confidence, but some just seem happy to wait.

Or maybe it's just because they're British and love to queue... :crackup:

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
"For all states"... Sounds like a dream to me...

Its quite difficult to make such rulings nationwide... Do you understand the hughe differencies between traffic among all of the states in the US??

Its not like you want to establish "no murder" law, which could easily be applied everywhere...

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this come true... But to my eyes, you are just seeking the impossible and the result is quite predictable.

·
BOTM Winner 11/16
204 Posts
Another reason why i LOVE living in CALI. "filtering" is completely legal.
One of the reasons why I miss living in Los Angeles.. where I'm from.. which I hope to retire one day.. I HOPE..

Yeah, I miss those rides from North Hollywood to downtown LA. It took me 1.5 hours in a car. In a bike, 25 mins - 30 mins max.. :grin2:

·
Registered
70 Posts
One of the reasons why I miss living in Los Angeles.. where I'm from.. which I hope to retire one day.. I HOPE..

Yeah, I miss those rides from North Hollywood to downtown LA. It took me 1.5 hours in a car. In a bike, 25 mins - 30 mins max.. :grin2:
YUUUP, recently did my first mulholland run a couple weeks ago. i live in Pomona. if i was in a car that drive home would have no joke, taken like 3 hours. LA traffic is Pathetic

·
Registered
382 Posts
LA traffic is insane its really helpful to lane split to get around people
Sadly it's idiot riders that split way to fast without time in the saddle, and idiot cagers that feel "insulted" because a biker split past them (so they swerve the next time they see one, and easily claim they didn't see them).

The accidents caused by this will most likely (because of liberal media spreading propaganda - fake news) ruin the hopes for the rest of us to legalize it in our states.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I clicked it but error page keeps coming up/ or page not found. Even if it was legal there would be those few stories you hear. That just make it sound horrible. But I would agree with letting it be up to the driver..

21 - 32 of 32 Posts