Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
reasons i cannot wait in traffic like everyone else:

1. my bike will overheat
2. the law in california has said it is fine for me to split lanes, why not take advantage of it?
3. I am not everyone else
4. By splitting lanes I help reduce traffic congestion

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Dude I like lane splitting. not only does it save me time but it also is a nice rush. I dont do it unsafe> I control my speeds but I like doing it

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess to each his own. It's illegal here in NJ and personally I don't think it's worth the risk of someone coming over in front of me cuz they are too busy yapping on their cellphones to notice me coming up behind them.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Why start a thread like this?

There are riders that I know that have been on bikes for 20+ years that split lanes - are you calling them 'squids'?

If it's legal then why not do it within the boundaries of the law? Coming from LA I live to split lanes (and it never caused me to go down.) Not being able to split is part of the reason I'm selling - you try sitting in Vegas traffic when it's 110* out here!

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
usmcr6 said:
reasons i cannot wait in traffic like everyone else:

1. my bike will overheat
2. the law in california has said it is fine for me to split lanes, why not take advantage of it?
3. I am not everyone else
4. By splitting lanes I help reduce traffic congestion

hes got it ! especially #4...

·
Registered
796 Posts
Lane splitting is the way to go. I totally agree with usmcr6reasons too. If its legal, and i can take advantage of it why wouldn't i. It isn't like its that unsafe. You just have to be careful and observe drivers that may merge. Sitting in traffic is way too much of a waste of time. If i wanted to do that i would drive a car.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
that's when you start kicking mirrors off! jk

·
Registered
259 Posts
You guys are lucky it's legal where you are. Ohio sucks!!! It will probably never be legal here, no matter how bad the traffic gets.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Go for it if its legal and even if its not if you want to risk a ticket. Not legal here but if there is a lineup of cars in the left lane waiting for a light and a parked car or cars in the right i'll sneak by between the cars in the left lane and the parked car or cars on the right. Not always but if its a crazy long lineup. Guys on pedal bikes do it and they are bound by the same traffic laws so why can't I bend the rules too? Just don't rip through there and pay attention to signals and driver movements just like you would on a pedal bike. One of the cars might be waiting to make a right turn too. I don't lane split between two lanes of moving traffic though. I would in a second though if it was legal here but too noticable and bound to piss someone off. People are already bitter that you drive a faster more maneuverable machine as it is. Mind you, if i'm stuck behind two a-holes having a slow race beside each other blocking both lanes i've been known to zoot through the gap between them.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I do it all the time in the hot weather and have to filter at most light or split in Japan. The traffic can be very congested and you get even more overheated sitting between cars instead of at the front of the line, where there's often a second stop line for bikes about 10 feet ahead of the one for cars at major intersections. People expect it here.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Fierboy said:
You guys are lucky it's legal where you are. Ohio sucks!!! It will probably never be legal here, no matter how bad the traffic gets.
How dare you?

Ohio loves you. Fellow Daytonian, embrace the Buckeye goodness.

You're right, it'll never been legal here but we don't have 8 and 16 laned highways like CA does now do we.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.