Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
i am pretty sure its illegal in canada! i dont lane split too much but if there is an accident ill ride on the shoulder (very slowly :p) so that i dont have to sit in traffic. i try to stay away from doin it... cagers hate it!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
illegal in florida, never done it and dont plan on it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
never done it myself either, just seems like asking for trouble but then again I have no idea if it's legal or not in indiana. However, if it were legal there were times I'd do it like previously said.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ive done it once. I was late to a DR appointment and 2 cars ahead of me were driving under the speed limit side by side. So I flew between them. Haven't done it since.

·
Registered
659 Posts
^really depends on the situation and speed at hand. I never do it when i'm riding with someone else.

·
Registered
21 Posts
its illegal in Texas but yea ive done it a few times, got caught once when there was construction on the I20 and rode on the shoulder pretty slow...i saw a harley doin it so i figured it would be that bad...we both got caught but no tickets the cop was pretty cool bout it. told us it was illegal and what not and when he was done with his lil speech we realized we didnt accomplish anything by splittin lanes cause we were still in traffic. but i dont think i would do it in a heavy traffic i guess if its legal just do it at your own risk

whose fault would it be if an accident accured? (like if its legal in your state)

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I just got done lane splitting!!! LOL..........In cali its legal and I do it all the time, every day! Without problems or accidents...Cagers do hate it when they are siting in traffic but thats their problem...It can be done safely but theres always those who push the limits..

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
i do it on a daily basis on my commute. it is legal here and the news covered the same topic a while back here in sd. i started a thread about it. i'll see if i can find it...

found it.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=69895

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
I only split when its the morning rush hour trying to get inside base. hahaha.. i love hateful looks i get as i pass everyone waiting to get in...lol

·
Politically Incorrect
124 Posts
California is only legal on the interstates... even then it is for conditions safe for travel... so pretty much if traffic is moving 15mph you go at most 30mph... but then again that is all up to the ticketing officer at the time

on the streets though it is illegal...

·
Registered
154 Posts
yeah man I'm from Cali and I lane split at red lights and slow moving traffic.
I wouldnt test it at anything over 40 which I think is the las as well?? not too sure on that so dont quote me. Usually cops are ok with it down here in San Diego.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts