Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my way home from chillin at the lot last night I look down at the last red light and see that my bleed nipple for my back ca labor as gone and I was shooting brake fluid all over my back tire and what not *really lucky lol*

So I get home pissed and just decided fk it I am going to do a steal lines since the bike is at 10500.

Point of my whole story, I went down to able auto (local shop) and had 3 lines made (took 20 min), charged me $80 cash (I was so happy! anyone else think this is a bomb deal?)

Went back home put them on. (buddy had a spare bleed nipple). The lines look and feel great!

Cool story I know :shakehand

·
Registered
460 Posts
So on my way home from chillin at the lot last night I look down at the last red light and see that my bleed nipple for my back ca labor as gone and I was shooting brake fluid all over my back tire and what not *really lucky lol*

So I get home pissed and just decided fk it I am going to do a steal lines since the bike is at 10500.

Point of my whole story, I went down to able auto (local shop) and had 3 lines made (took 20 min), charged me $80 cash (I was so happy! anyone else think this is a bomb deal?)

Went back home put them on. (buddy had a spare bleed nipple). The lines look and feel great!

Cool story I know :shakehand
Im from the UK so im sorry that i don't understand but what is the "lot"??

·
Registered
714 Posts
yea most people call it the parking lot over here in the states... but since toro is ghetto and from tha hood he will call it otherwise :p toro toro!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm assuming it's just a local big parking lot where people meet up on a certain night or something. Probably no refreshments unless you bring them yourself.

On topic, awesome Toro. No idea what steel lines run.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Im from the UK so im sorry that i don't understand but what is the "lot"??
if the parking lot is near a fastfood place or a convienience store you can get refreshments.

·
I LOVE MY BIKE
692 Posts
Looking good buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
do you like fishsticks?
Love them.

New topic! Well brake topic.

So before I ever did this when I bought the bike I could never get the back tire to "lock" up for some reason. so after this issue I decided to just do the lines like I did so maybe the back would lock up. The reason I want it to lock up is so I can wip the bike around in a parking lot or gas station or where ever by skidding the back tire and wiping it around (like some of use to with our bikes back in the day.)

After the install the back brake has great pressure and will stop and hold the bike at a stand still but if I am doing lets say 20 miles an hour hold the clutch in and STOMP on the brake it still takes like 2 football fields to stop. (this is the samething it did before I did the lines so they work the same as before the install) I have done some research and it seems like some 07's and what not just do this. So my next plan is to replace the pads and see how it feels. and yes I used a ton of break cleaner to clean off all that brake fluid that had went everywhere when I lost the bleed nipple.

I know there is no air in the lines.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Love them.

So before I ever did this when I bought the bike I could never get the back tire to "lock" up for some reason. so after this issue I decided to just do the lines like I did so maybe the back would lock up. The reason I want it to lock up is so I can wip the bike around in a parking lot or gas station or where ever by skidding the back tire and wiping it around (like some of use to with our bikes back in the day.)

After the install the back brake has great pressure and will stop and hold the bike at a stand still but if I am doing lets say 20 miles an hour hold the clutch in and STOMP on the brake it still takes like 2 football fields to stop. (this is the samething it did before I did the lines so they work the same as before the install) I have done some research and it seems like some 07's and what not just do this. So my next plan is to replace the pads and see how it feels. and yes I used a ton of break cleaner to clean off all that brake fluid that had went everywhere when I lost the bleed nipple.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Love them.

what are you a gay fish? on a serious note tho, id say it must be an 07 thing because my 04 with stock lines will lock it up in a heartbeat. Its almost too easy to do, i hardly use my rear for that reason. i have seen where people run different brake callipers. like honda crf 450 i believe but not sure on front and back or just front

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.