Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

late at night, At a stubborn red light.. Stay or go?

• Stay and wait

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Go through.

Votes: 92 82.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your out late at night and you come up to a stuborn red light.. what do you do, stay and wait for it to change or a car to come up and change it, or just go.? Just wondering

·
Registered
882 Posts
car to come up, of not get in the other lane.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
I'm pretty sure the law is 3 lights, if I miss the first one and nobody is around I just phukin go.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
come to a complete stop. look for any cars - if none - i run it

·
Registered
35 Posts
I usually give it a cycle or two before I go. SC Law requires us to wait two minutes. If we haven't been given the green light after that, we are allowed to treat the light as a "Stop Sign" and continue through when it is safe to do so.

·
Registered
793 Posts
In Texas they assume the lights ALWAYS work so, according to the TXDOT website, there is no provision to run the light if it doesn't change, EVER. You're just supposed to sit there until you die or 'move to the right side of the road' then proceed safely (presumably not running the light I guess). Uh, sure thing...:retard:

I'll wait for a couple of changes so I know it's broke then I'm going.

Several riders around here have been ticketed for it and went to court, judges tell them to shut up and pay up... :banghead:

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I remember when i was a kid that the "old men" in "good standing in the community"(no warrants...not drunk, etc) could go thru unoccupied reds after stopping at night.

They also treated 4way stops as slow downs if no cross traffic....

rode their dirtbikes on the public roads.

and they did not pay much attention to speed limits outside of town.

how/why did we lose this?

40+ yrs ago in rural Cali.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just go after one cycle. Any cop that gives a ticket for that would have to be a total dickhead. Btw, Lambo Superleggeras don't trigger the light either, too little metal and too much carbon.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I check for cars,cameras,and cops if All is clear i'm on to the next one!:burnout:

·
Registered
435 Posts
I check for cars,cameras,and cops if All is clear i'm on to the next one!:burnout:
I'll do this if I have to wait a cycle or two. But it can't but a major intersection for me. If it is, I just turn and go around the light if I can.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I usually will wait for the light to go 2 times around. If it skips me again, i'm gone. Unless there is a traffic cam then i just turn and go around.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts