Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes! I got a call from my lawyers office yesterday afternoon to set up an appointment to finalize the settlement offer with the at-fault insurance company from my wreck back in April! I'm so pumped up, it's just agonizing having to wait until Tuesday now. The bigger question is, if everything is settled Tuesday, can I wait until the 2007s come out to purchase a new bike???? I doubt it but I could always get one now and trade it in, IF the hoped for changes occur on the 07s.

K

·
0 Posts
The bigger question is, if everything is settled Tuesday, can I wait until the 2007s come out to purchase a new bike????
HELL NO YOU CAN'T! lol! seriously, what makes you think you HAVE to buy a new bike with it? You could buy a set of TaylorMade Clubs with it... or a new pool... Or an Apple. you can wait as long as you want to buy whatever you want.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Knightslugger said:
HELL NO YOU CAN'T! lol! seriously, what makes you think you HAVE to buy a new bike with it? You could buy a set of TaylorMade Clubs with it... or a new pool... Or an Apple. you can wait as long as you want to buy whatever you want.
Hehehehhahahaha Just bought a new set of Integra clubs at the first of last season (no they're not taylormade but no better than I play it doesn't really matter, LOL), I've had my 28' above ground pool for a year and a half now, purchased a new Dell Home PC around the same time as the pool. All the toys are taken care of except the main toy that non-driving idiot took away from me.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WherzRoony said:
Just keep sporting the Rebel until the '07 comes out.
Whew, that's easier said than done, LOL. Try leaving your sportbike at home or having to do without it and ride a 250 Rebel..... Hahaaha my buddy had his 929 in the shop last week, he hit me up to go riding with him while he was riding his GFs 250 Ninja, he blew me away when we was "horse playing" The Rebel does help the withdrawals though.

K

·
0 Posts
That r7 club i used is mind blowing. i can't drive with a 10* to save my life, but i was able to knock the ball into the next county with that r7...! it's a fantastic club!

anyway...

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Knightslugger said:
That r7 club i used is mind blowing. i can't drive with a 10* to save my life, but i was able to knock the ball into the next county with that r7...! it's a fantastic club!

anyway...
I wanta hit one of those R7 so bad, does it make a big or noticeable difference when you take the weights out, or did you try?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Comb said:
Wait for someone to "print that **** and hook us up on the 8th" and then decide whether or not to get the '07.

Yeah I talked to one of the close by Honda shops the other day and was notified they only have 1 sportbike (CBR) in stock because they place their orders for 07s starting is Sept & Oct. I would'nt mind waiting if I knew for sure the (if any) improvements will be worth it. Well, I would mind the wait but I've managed (thanks to the wifes rebel) to survive the wait for 4 months now....

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
the taylor made r7 becomes illegal if you were to use it with out the weights installed. that is during a stipulated round or tournament or playing by the rules. if you were on the driving range and tried it that would be fine it won't hurt the driver. of course if you just out screwing around i suppose it wouldn't matter either. it is up to you. then again it is also illegal to change the weights during a stipulated round as well.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hammbone said:
the taylor made r7 becomes illegal if you were to use it with out the weights installed. that is during a stipulated round or tournament or playing by the rules. if you were on the driving range and tried it that would be fine it won't hurt the driver. of course if you just out screwing around i suppose it wouldn't matter either. it is up to you. then again it is also illegal to change the weights during a stipulated round as well.

Cool, Thanks for the info. I didn't know this about the weights, of course considering I have a 20+ handicap it probably wouldn't help me with or without them....

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I say buy one now and don't wait. When the 07 comes out it may be nice, but it will also be a first year model change. Wait until they work out the kinks before you invest in a new one of those. I've been there, done that, trust me....wait until it is out for 2 years if they change it. Unless you are super rich and don't care. =-)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
James06CBR said:
I say buy one now and don't wait. When the 07 comes out it may be nice, but it will also be a first year model change. Wait until they work out the kinks before you invest in a new one of those. I've been there, done that, trust me....wait until it is out for 2 years if they change it. Unless you are super rich and don't care. =-)
Yeah that's sorta understandable on the wait part. The super rich part, well to answer that, I'm having to wait to purchase one until the lawsuit gets settled so that should tell you I'm not rich. LOL. I have a 19, 16 and a 14 year old (all girls) that take care of my finances.....BTW they're my daughters, not girlfriends.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
silveRRocket said:
Cool, Thanks for the info. I didn't know this about the weights, of course considering I have a 20+ handicap it probably wouldn't help me with or without them....
hey remember this. everylittle bit helps. golf is just like everthing else. just takes some longer to be good at it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts