Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
man you need to reactivated your photobucket account. i just bought a bazzaz unit and wanted to bone up on the install.

·
Registered
932 Posts
man you need to reactivated your photobucket account. i just bought a bazzaz unit and wanted to bone up on the install.
Just right click on the photo that isn't displaying, select properties from the menu, copy the entire addres after 'location', open a new tab and paste the address, hit enter, and bam you have the photo

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thank you for making my life a lot easier. This guide really helped me.

I only have the RPM Sensor left to fix --- has anybody any experiences they want to share? Do I have to remove the entire air box to get to it or is there an easier way?

thanks a bunch.

.Jesper

·
Registered
250 Posts
Great writeup

I just completed install of a zFI-TC unit. This helped me a great deal!

The most difficult things for me were:
1. unplugging the lower injector plugs. If you're doing the PAIR removal mod as well, I suggest plugging the wiring harness into the injectors and the coils while the airbox is off the bike.
2. setting the tank back down. Wiring for the lower injectors might be in the way. You'll have to figure out what's in the way at the bottom of the tank and reposition as necessary.
3. re-installing the tail. My control unit is placed under the passenger seat. To create room for the wiring harnesses running down the middle of the tail section, I shaved off some of the plastic tabs under the seat locking mechanism.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
I can take a picture of where it is when I'm back at home. I thought it was just above the clutch side engine case.
I acrually got it at like 4 this morning...ran diags via laptop and thanfully it's right...now it's just laying the wiring so that my tank will bolt in...last pita lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
any chance of a picture of unit in the tail section and battery compartment. having trouble routing the wires through the battery section to reach the tail section.

cheers

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
any chance of a picture of unit in the tail section and battery compartment. having trouble routing the wires through the battery section to reach the tail section.

cheers
I can, but it'll be a little while since I have a part to replace the bike is mostly apart right now, I'm sure you want to get it going asap but I won't be able to post a useful picture for a couple weeks.

·
Registered
635 Posts
The last two are a little tricky, since Bazzaz asks you to connect up the "speed" and "rpm sensors," which as far as Honda is concerned don't exist. In fact, the speed sensor is the "VS sensor" and sits cleanly out in the open on top of the transmission case:

As for the RPM sensor, I just took a wild guess and figured there's nothing else on the bike that would work for this than the CKP, or crank position sensor. Which is the black one mounted nicely over on the right -back side of the airbox:

That should be everything, go over the injectors once more to make sure that the males and females are all the way in and clicked. The OEM connector that plugs into the Bazzaz female is especially tight and goes in farther than you would think, make sure it all clicks!

With everything hooked up, take your time routing the cables as nicely as you can leaving lots of room for the gastank. Putting that back in was the most anal part for me, I wanted to make very sure it wouldn't crush or pinch anything. The best thing to do is screw in the bolts at the back of the gastank first so you can use that as a hinge and test lowering the gastank in and out with one hand. Don't forget to plug back in the fuel pump cables, and make sure those don't get crushed on the way down either.

Now for the last and most important step. CLEAR THE MAP THAT COMES WITH BAZZAZ. Do not use it. Firing up the bike for the first time with my eyes closed, she sounded like cylinders weren't firing. After about an hour of checking connections and cycling the fuel pump and whatever the **** else, I actually looked at the Bazzaz map on my laptop and saw the 0% throttle row was all at like +30% fuel. With the bike running, and spitting smoke and raw gas out the exhaust, I cleared out all the cells and magically she sprung to life, no problems! Clear your map and let the self-tune do it's thing, I see no reason to start off with their map it's clearly tragically mistaken.

Last but not least: :all_cohol:all_cohol:all_cohol
is the crank position sensor the black sensor with the black and green wires??

·
Registered
9 Posts
The last two are a little tricky, since Bazzaz asks you to connect up the "speed" and "rpm sensors," which as far as Honda is concerned don't exist. In fact, the speed sensor is the "VS sensor" and sits cleanly out in the open on top of the transmission case:

As for the RPM sensor, I just took a wild guess and figured there's nothing else on the bike that would work for this than the CKP, or crank position sensor. Which is the black one mounted nicely over on the right -back side of the airbox:

That should be everything, go over the injectors once more to make sure that the males and females are all the way in and clicked. The OEM connector that plugs into the Bazzaz female is especially tight and goes in farther than you would think, make sure it all clicks!

With everything hooked up, take your time routing the cables as nicely as you can leaving lots of room for the gastank. Putting that back in was the most anal part for me, I wanted to make very sure it wouldn't crush or pinch anything. The best thing to do is screw in the bolts at the back of the gastank first so you can use that as a hinge and test lowering the gastank in and out with one hand. Don't forget to plug back in the fuel pump cables, and make sure those don't get crushed on the way down either.

Now for the last and most important step. CLEAR THE MAP THAT COMES WITH BAZZAZ. Do not use it. Firing up the bike for the first time with my eyes closed, she sounded like cylinders weren't firing. After about an hour of checking connections and cycling the fuel pump and whatever the **** else, I actually looked at the Bazzaz map on my laptop and saw the 0% throttle row was all at like +30% fuel. With the bike running, and spitting smoke and raw gas out the exhaust, I cleared out all the cells and magically she sprung to life, no problems! Clear your map and let the self-tune do it's thing, I see no reason to start off with their map it's clearly tragically mistaken.

Last but not least: :all_cohol:all_cohol:all_cohol
How can we see the images? If this is such a good article that everyone is appreciating, why were the pictures deleted? Is it possible to get them back?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts