Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some lady in a truck had a bunch of furniture in the back and a lazyboy fell out right in front of me. She just changed lanes in front of me and I was about to change lanes, I won't follow trucks with loads for this reason. Luckily it slid in a straight line and I was able to go around it. Still scared the crap out of me!!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
It pays to be alert and anticipate (if at all possible) that type of thing. I am always on the lookout for anything that could interfere with my ride as well. I always like to find a new "happy place" and zip there when I am uncomfortable with my surroundings.

X

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Carey322 said:
Gotta stay alert like I said she just got into my lane when it happened. Didn't even have time to change lanes yet.
yeah, but you were aware and were ready to react. I mean, it had to activate your spider sense.

X

·
Registered
468 Posts
Carey322 said:
I won't follow trucks with loads for this reason.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Same here. I try to pass or avoid trucks carrying loads, people on cell phones, or cars where they are filled to capacity. Too many things can go wrong. Oh, don't forget elderly drivers and soccer moms in Minivans and SUVS.

I guess that rules out a good percentage of the people in cages I personally try to avoid.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had a similar thing happen on the Mass Pike. It's three lanes and i am travelling in the middle lane headed West from Boston at night. I see a Lazy Boy recliner standing upright in the middle of my lane, i was lucky there was no one in the fast lane and i was able to swerve around it. I call State Police and they ask if i am sure it was in the West bound lane because they have three reports its in the East bound lane, i said either you have three people that don't know where they are going or you have more than one recliner in the road, but i am deffinately going West. Strange stuff happens, always be alert.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
That reminds of high school. There was this group of stoners, one of them had an old suzuki samurai. They strapped on old lazy boy up in the back of that thing and would just cruise around town wasted. (small town)

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
When I read the topic I pictured one of those motorized recliners speeding down the highway, guess I was a little off. :neutral:

Well I'm glad you did not hit it.

Jason

·
Registered
95 Posts
People are usually so clueless when it come to securing a load. Its a wonder there are not more accidents caused by this. The other day I saw some idiot contractor with his ladder strapped the the roof rack with bungy cords, (fist sign that they have no clue BUNGY CORDS) anyway the front cord had broke and the ladder was laying sideways across the rack,, sticking out the drivers side about 8 feet,, he didn't even know it. There were people beeping at him,, one guy got out of his truck at a light and tryed to get up to him to tell him, and the j*ck*ss just pulled away with the ladder hanging out there, before he got to his window.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Man, the same kind of thing happened to me 2 days ago on the way home from SLC. I was cruising down I-15 in traffic following my friend in his Z28. All of a sudden he swerved and there I see this HUGE roll of carpet in my lane. I easily avoided it, but DAMN. If I would have seen the truck that dropped that on the freeway, he wouldn't have a side window anymore.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yeah I know, you have to always be looking for danger. If you start day dreaming that's when all hell breaks loose. I always get away from dump trucks. They throw way to many rocks and other debris from the tires and anywhere else underneath. Well it good that you avoided the chair. Did the driver stop at all? I would have problem had a guesture or some words for the person. If you can't tie your loads down properly than ya probaly shouldn't be haulin anything. JMO

·
Registered
996 Posts
A king-size matress blew out of a pickup truck and took the mirror off my truck several years ago. She stopped and ended up paying for the mirror, but it would haven taken a bike down for sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts