Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i first lean the bike on the kick stand i dont see any drips, but the following day i see a drip line (dark) running down the lower fairing. Should i really worry abut this? Anyone with feedback? thanks.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
First, welcome to the boards jaimito. Next, from how high up does the drip start? Is it just on the fairing lower or is it on the mid fairing? Has the bile had an oil change recently?

L

·
0 Posts
like mtc was hinting, if you changed your oil the drain bolt has to be torqued down to the correct ft/lbs or it will drip.

·
Registered
423 Posts
you really need to try to see where it is coming from .. could be oil that was not cleaned up from an oil change.. so take those lowers off and take a look

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
If I over lube the chain, I get a lot of crap running down the kickstand there and the lower fairing. If it's thick and sticky, that's probably what it is.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
well, it shouldn`t be hard to tell if its from the drain plug, just take a look at the plug and see if its wet. Its prob what WherzRoony said, coming from the chain.

C

·
0 Posts
I have a leak from the top of my radiator. Where the hose comes in. It only drips when I lean it on the kickstand. I've tried to tighten the hose clamp but it still get drips. It will drip down the side of my middle faring. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think maybe that is what i am trying to describe.... right behind the front will on the lowest part of the plastic is where these drips are appearing...sorry if my terminology was incorrect.

C

·
0 Posts
I think maybe that is what i am trying to describe.... right behind the front will on the lowest part of the plastic is where these drips are appearing...sorry if my terminology was incorrect.
put something under it to dee if the drips are green... Also the hose clamp is easy to get to if you want to try to tighten it...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I think maybe that is what i am trying to describe.... right behind the front will on the lowest part of the plastic is where these drips are appearing...sorry if my terminology was incorrect
If its dark its either from the oil drain plug or the oil filter. Are the drips inside the opening behind the wheel? I`m betting oil filter here, make sure its hand tight.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes right behind the front wheel on the lower part of the fairingin front of the radiator.... Thanks ill check te oil filter out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts