Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave my bike a look over and found that the rear brake resevoir was completely empty. It appears to be leaking from somewhere near the resevoir. I can`t see any cracks in the resevoir itself or the hoses. Does anyone have any idea how i can figure out where its coming from? Is this a common problem?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Refill the res. with the correct brake fluid and try pumping your brake pedal until you see it leaking from somewhere. It could be the res., the master cyl., the line or even the wheel cyl at the fitting or the pucks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey Curtis! Did you just post this on Extremez?

I gotta ask: you didn't notice any lack of braking?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey! I did just post this on NLExtremez! I`m assuming by your avatar you are lurker?? :D
??
And no i didnt notice any lack of braking, I like to check my bike over before i ride it, so thats what i did, I`m glad I didn`t find out the hard way! :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Haha! Yes, I'm lurker over there. Stormcat everywhere else though.

See ya around this summer. If it ever warms up that is!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem is that I have a leak and can`t tell where it is. I took everything apart and cleaned it and inspected everything for cracks and whatnot, everything seems fine. I filled the res back up a few hours ago and bled the brakes and it hasn`t gone down since, I will see what its like after i take it for a ride.

And its not the pads either I replaced those at the end of last season so ive only had a few rides with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts