Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed green viscous green flulid collecting under my bike, from what i understand transmission fluild is pink, oil is a darker shade, this green syurpy substance has no oder, however definatly doesn't belong under the bike (600rr '03) can anyone help explain. thanks, i am still learning my bike, i have done a 520 chain and sproket myself, -1 in the front, i am not totally inept however do realize my many of limitations as i am still learning.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Green fluid comes from only one place ( Radiator )
so check your radiator cap , hoses and the plastic resevoir
bottle which might have gotten punctured form road debris

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
i agree, check the coolant resevoir on the right side of the bike behind the mid fairing. could have had a rock shoot up in there and crack it or punch a small hole in it

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
i had that problem and i couldnt find the leak i had to let the bike warm up and come to find out it was a loose radiator hose so it might hel to let it warm up if you cant find the leak

K

·
0 Posts
For the record, the CBR is a shared Sump system, which means that there is no "transmission fluid" per say. The oil is shared between the motor AND transmission.

·
Ninjore Supreme
6,535 Posts
Wow I not trying to be an @$$ but how is it that you don't know what Coolant looks like?

K

·
0 Posts
Trashed666 said:
Wow I not trying to be an @$$ but how is it that you don't know what Coolant looks like?
Ask a woman the same question, and she'll tell you one of three things:

1. I'm not a man so i don't have to know!
2. I never took an automotives class, so i never bothered to learn!
3. My mechanic takes care of all that!

in short, some people never really had an opertunity to learn.

·
Registered
413 Posts
My GF never had to pump her own gas until she was 20 and didn't know how. (She grew up in Jers)

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Whatever you do find the leak before you ride the bike again. Coolant on the rear tire can spell disaster. Check all of your hoses and the water pump drain bolts right next to the front sprocket cover. Make sure you didn't loosen the wrong bolt by mistake.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
my front shocks have green oil in them.. i busted a seal thats how i know :(

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
VTvfr said:
My GF never had to pump her own gas until she was 20 and didn't know how. (She grew up in Jers)
Aren't there a few states that don't allow self serve? I think I remember hearing something like that.

C

·
0 Posts
Oregon does full service to promote jobs...

I had a loose hose clamp on my o3. It was on the top of the radiator.

·
Registered
797 Posts
wow brodah, make sure you bring prist with you, she might be possesed like the exorcist (pissing green fluids) and that'd be an ugly site is she turns into the evil bike while you're riding her!!! lol

·
Registered
796 Posts
I had some splish splash (ya im calling it that) near my left peg. where its flat black there. of some greenish type fluid. I think it came from the hoses right in front of it but i grabed a wrench and tightened them up. Pretty sure it went away.

just make sure all the hose clamps are on tight.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts