Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So yesterday (Monday) i'm at Jennings riding all day having a great time and on the last corner of the last lap my foot slips off the peg while setting up. I'm like sh%t. Pull in and realize somehow the oil cap has vibrated off!!!! How the hell this happened, i don't know. Anyway, lost very very little oil with all of it on bike, leathers, and boots. Now of I will be safety wiring for sure. Question is that a slight bit of oil got on the Powers right side. Probably from about the edge to about an inch the whole ciecumference of the tire. So is the tire ruined? Can I clean it with something? Hell, i'll try to beltsand the edges if it will help ;-)

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Should not hurt the tire at all, give it a nice cleaning and take it easy in the next right corner just to make sure...

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Minimal track prep at Jennings used to be safety wire filler cap, drain plug and filter. Tape lights and replace glycol coolant with distilled water and additive (like water wetter) - their "tech inspection" procedure leaves a lot to be desired. But it's all for your (and everyone's) safety.

Your tire should be fine, just wear it off - and safety wire that bike! Glad nobody was injured.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts