Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i need your help on this one guys everyone i talk to has there own opinion i obviously need new gear after my lay down, and i crash tested (harhar) the joe rocket stuff but none of it was leather...ya it saved my bacon minor minor rash and a broken finger, but would leather have performed as well? and i hear when you go to the track you have to have full leathers...any truth to that or will they let you on with the other stuff as well? Anyway just need your guy's opionions maybe even some pics of you in your seckse riding gear lol....or your hot girlfriends in them...preferably the second :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
most tracks require full leathers for the A & B groups. if there's a C group they will let u slide by with "motorcycle specific" jackets and pants, but u definitely need some type of gear. leathers will save ur hide far better than any textile material in any situation.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The key benefit leather offers is abrasion resistance. It will slide on pavement MUCH longer than textile before it wears through. It is therefore also more likely to survive multiple "incidents". Textiles tend to be one-crash only. I have two leather suits that each have survived 2+ crashes.

However, I should mention Aerostich textile suits. They are so well made, and have such a great reputation for their quality, that some trackday organizers DO allow them specifically. In most cases, though, there is a reason why leather suits are a requirement.

·
Registered
454 Posts
THe professionals wear leather WITHOUT question...maybe you should too

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
IMO... leather is the best option to save your arse... and it's your skin. gear is the first priority when it comes to MODS... IMO.

i would NEVER EVER WEAR or ALLOW TEXTILE at a track day!! there are some great textile suits out there... but having seen people go down at 140+ mph on the start-finish straight at Big Willow... i'll pass on the textile suits when riding at the track thanks.

cheers... nick - mri

1 - 7 of 7 Posts