Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tower well above everyone I know...when I'm standing on the roof on my house, otherwise, I'm just about 5'4", with a 40-42" chest and 32" waist. Everything I've tried on fits too long :-(

I know I could go with a custom suit, but I'm looking for something cheaper.

Help!

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,876 Posts
you might need a custom suit though but my size could fit you too, i'm 5' 6.5" & i have a 32" waist, i wear medium sized suit, when i'm standing the suit fits good on the legs but when i sit on the bike & i do my thing it get's cramped up & stresses my kneecaps.

you should try suits aimed for the Asian market as your build is almost similar to mine. did you try RS Taichi?

G

·
You have an odd body shape. Custom is probably your best bet. You could try to fit into an off the rack 1 piece suit but you may find lowers to be too long for you though the upper may fit you perfectly. However, there is an alternative and that's a 2 piece suit. This way you can find a jacket that fits your upper and lower perfectly without dropping thousands of dollars into a custom suit.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Disco said:
Keep a look out for the Pedrosa replica suit!

LOL

That's just wrong :tomato:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Disco said:
Keep a look out for the Pedrosa replica suit!
That'd be sweet...if the little bastard weren't so skinny. OveRRev, what do you wear?

I'll just have to go with a custom suit.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,876 Posts
pelele said:
That'd be sweet...if the little bastard weren't so skinny. OveRRev, what do you wear?

I'll just have to go with a custom suit.
a Teknic Lightning 1pc suit from way back 2003/2004 i think, size medium, even then it still felt a bit short on my thighs when i sit on the bike with it.

usually US & Euro sizes are quite too long on the legs but the upper parts fit me well.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I swear we're like chicks and their jeans. =p

I have my Komodo suit coming in this/next week, hopefully it'll be a nice fit on my Asian stature.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I had trouble too. I went custom. syedleathers.com (download their catalog at the site) came highly recommended and they're the cheapest custom you'll find at $700. You might pay that much for an off the rack 1-pc anyway so why not go custom?

or, you'll have to go with a 2-pc for proper fit.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I'm get my komodo suit tomorrow and all the suits I tried on is too long. So I call a reputable AUTOMOTIVE UPHOLSTERY shop and they said they can taylor the suit to fit

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
a euro 48 (us 38) astars 1-pc should do you fine. it is not going to be perfect in all the right places... but it should be fine in most of the places. any good leather shop/upholstery shop can reduce the length in the legs... that should be an easy fix for you.

feel free to call us if you want to discuss some more.

cheers... nick - mri

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=772533#post772533

I have a used suit for sale that will fit you cheap. Arms are slighly shortened and the legs are the smallest I found when researching non-custom suits. Shorter than the A-star's which were the next closest. Other than that...its custom. Hurts the pocketbook but feel ohhhh soooo goood.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.