Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
according to the size charts on the alpinestars website, they make NOTHING that fits me. i normally wear a 30waist/32inseam pant. chest measurement is 39-40. im 5'8" maybe 5'9" so who makes leather for me? any ideas?

a while back i remember seeing some guy thinner than me wearing an a-star jacket that fit like second skin. guess they stopped making the small stuff?

the astar size charts have this funky conversion to them. theyre arbitrary but if im reading them right, they have their sizing going down VERY low but when you select size on an item such as the apex pants, wayyyy too big.

help?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I am 6'2'' and 165lbs, and I ended up having to get a 1pc tailored. I have a joe rocket jacket size large tall that fits me pretty well, but I just couldn't find pants that would fit. Not many companies make tall sizes for jackets, and the ones that do don't make all of their jackets in tall sizes.
BTW I was told that RS Taichi suits are by far the easiest to tailor so thats what I got.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Id get away from their charts and just swing to a dealer that sells suits and try them on.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
Id get away from their charts and just swing to a dealer that sells suits and try them on.
:+1: None of the charts showed a suit that would fit me but I ended up finding one that fit pretty good.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Try Rev'it. Great suits and they fit well. I am about the same size, a little taller and the suite are nice. I need a slightly smaller one now as I have lost weight, but they didn't feel like they were cutting in half like a Joe Rocket suit, but you do need to try them on, then sit on a bike to see how it feels. And remember, they will stretch, so if it is a little tight, great!.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I'm 5' 6" and 130 pounds with a 30 inch waist and 36 inch chest. Slim fit Levi's I wear 29X30.

I've owned a Japanese Medium RS-Taichi NXL-300 and sold it because it was too long for me. Then I picked up a Dainese Red Line suit (Euro 46). Fits PERFECTLY. I'm pretty sure it can accommodate your extra height and would be just as good, but maybe you can try a Euro 48.

Rev'it is supposed to be European cut (like Dainese), so you should give it a try as well.

RS-Taichi in Japanese Medium might fit you very well too:

·
Registered
387 Posts
You'll do best in RS-Taichi and Rev'it. RS-Taichi will fit you well in the chest, as have sizing in "European" and "Japanese" cuts. Rev'it, is good as far as being able to find pants in short, regular, and tall sizes. Unsure how Dainese will will on you, but that is a popular choice as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have pretty much the same measurements as you. 5'8"/5'9", 29"/30" waist, somewhat athletic build. I wear the RS-Taichi GMX in Japanese Large. Fits me better than most jackets. A bit loose around the waist but that's remedied with the velcro straps to tighten it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
according to the size charts on the alpinestars website, they make NOTHING that fits me. i normally wear a 30waist/32inseam pant. chest measurement is 39-40. im 5'8" maybe 5'9" so who makes leather for me? any ideas?
I'm assuming by "leathers" you mean racing leathers, 1-pc and 2-pc suits? If so, I have a Teknic 1-pc "Violator" suit that fits me like a glove, I'm 5'10" or so, 150 lbs, 36-37" chest, 32" waist, and pretty twiggy arms. The A* stuff fits me, but nowhere near as well as Teknic.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I tried on some Dainese 52s and 54s which both seemed to fit me well. The 52 was a bit snug standing up but would probably be fine after a little break in. I'm 6ft 170 with 31/32 inch waist 32 inseam. I thought there were plenty of japenese and european companies that made gear for slim people.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Alpinestars 40 US should fit you good.

I'm 5'7", 31" waist, 39" chest, 150# and wear a 38 US in them that fits like it was custom made. You should probably wear a 40 due to your height.

Find a shop like MotoLiberty, or Cycle Gear and go try on suits.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Teknic also makes leaner suits.

The problem is, off the rack suits will always err on the larger side, because a thinner person can wear something that is loose but a bigger person cannot wear something that is too tight.

This sucks for me, my chest is fine but I have smaller hands and feet, so the forearms and calves on most suits do not fit these areas on me snugly, and it is VERY important that leather be tight against the body. In a crash, if leather folds over, the stitching strength is compromised and you can also get friction burns.

My Rev'It Replica suit I had to have taken in at the forearms, and it's a 38/48 and I am the same size as the OP. Their TT suit is more snug. Not sure about their newest suits.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.