Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i installed some led lights thru out my bike (red) been told that they are legal because they help with visibility at night. im sure it does but not sure if it would make it legal. just like those guys with loud exhaust system say so we can be heard. every ones got excuse to make things in the grey area legal or not lol. i am in California and i have seen a few guys on here that have them. old post so i decide to make a new one. oh pictures help too since i plan on add more hehe

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Red and blue are not legal in any state while the bike is in operation. If the bike is off they can't do anything about it. Check local laws about other colors but white,amber,green have heard are fine but you are not supposed to be able to see the light device only the light that is projected... T

·
Registered
962 Posts
Im fairly certain its illegal. Its a distraction for other motorists, so therefore a hazard. I wouldn't bother having them on while riding.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Red and blue are not legal in any state while the bike is in operation. If the bike is off they can't do anything about it. Check local laws about other colors but white,amber,green have heard are fine but you are not supposed to be able to see the light device only the light that is projected... T
That is what a cop told me too, red is only allowed facing rearwards, other than that red and blue are reserved for emergency vehicles. That being said I see plenty of people driving around with blue leds on their bikes without a problem. I guess it's just a matter of is the officer that intent on giving out a ticket for it to actualy pull you over for them.
Looking at the pics though your bike looks awesome and the leds only add to it , they look realy good on there. :icon_supe

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks to everyone that posted. i have see alot of cruiser around here with blue leds on while riding. also sin cal said he rides with his reds on all the time and hes from CA as well

That is what a cop told me too, red is only allowed facing rearwards, other than that red and blue are reserved for emergency vehicles. That being said I see plenty of people driving around with blue leds on their bikes without a problem. I guess it's just a matter of is the officer that intent on giving out a ticket for it to actualy pull you over for them.
Looking at the pics though your bike looks awesome and the leds only add to it , they look realy good on there. :icon_supe
haha thanks. i love the way it looks thats why i want it on while riding hehe. working on a few more leds in headlights and a few more in the body since the right side engine is so big, its hard to light it up and i ran out of leds

hmm. none of my leds point forward. just glow and some aim down or rearward hehe

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Red and Blue are ok here in Cleveland at least. They just can't flash Red and Blue. I have mine on all the time, got pulled over for my plate a few times but they never said anything. Even the blue Knight Rider light on the front that Tripage made me.

X

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Why would you want to attract cops with the lights and the bling? I'm sure it's legal or illegal base on the officer's discretion.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Why would you want to attract cops with the lights and the bling?
Whats the matter?.... you afraid of cops or something. Riding like a lunatic on public roads (with lights) is gonna attract cops. Riding like a normal responsible person (with lights) is not gonna attract cops. If buddy wants lights then why not?..... Its only bad to have cops around if your doing something illegal.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why would you want to attract cops with the lights and the bling? I'm sure it's legal or illegal base on the officer's discretion.
because i dont do anything illegal on the streets much hehe. and when i do. the lights are not gonna make much of a difference

Sure, you bet. on my 05 1krr there's just enough width for a strip on the under side of the cowl.
damn your lower fairing wraps in more compared to the 08 6RR. i mounted mine on the oil pan and hope it holds lol. wont fall down much if it does since i had the wire just long enough to dangle and not do much damage if it does. oh i used 3m tape which i had good luck with for many years of using it for other jobs

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Whats the matter?.... you afraid of cops or something. Riding like a lunatic on public roads (with lights) is gonna attract cops. Riding like a normal responsible person (with lights) is not gonna attract cops. If buddy wants lights then why not?..... Its only bad to have cops around if your doing something illegal.

No. Just saying I don't want to give them a reason to pull me over. But I guess if you can turn it on and off it'll be cool. Don't get me wrong, I want it on my bike too if it's helps with being visible, but didn't want to go through the trouble.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts