Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a video of the led kit i have installed there is a total of 6 LED tubes. One under the front fairing, 1 on each side pannel, and 2 under the bottom, and one in the rear tail. They were recorded on the fastest setting so when making the video I had to slow it down which is why the crickets and other noises sound slooow in the background.

This is one of the 10 display options on the bike and you can also stop it at any of the 17 different color modes or run it at 5 different speed settings.

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h147/craigtoddrobertson/?action=view&current=LEDSHOW.flv

Here are also pictures which do not do the kit justice at all. ( I had to use the flash otherwise you will just see the leds hitting the ground as the camera automatically adjusted)

Please feel free to ask or leave your comments.

-Craig

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hard to see but I guess U have to be there to really appreciate it. Was it complicated to install it? How much did it cost? And how long did it take you to install it? Thanks! Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Alright so the kit costed me around $80 shipped.

If you go to our famous e-bay type in ' million led kit ' or directly from their site:

http://www.westcoastcycle.us/show_item.php?item=6

From start to finish the first time the kit took me about 5 hours to position them correctly and to also drill the holes for mounting.

The second time around since I had to get a new kit since the Green LED's went out in some strips...the kit took me about 4 hours to install.

Now you may ask why so long? It's not the electrical wiring that will kill you since it's plug and play. But it's positioning the LED's in the side panels. These LED's are a bit on the big side, but you dont have too many options when it comes to mounting them by the side panels since you want to be able to keep them away from heat.

So most of the time was spent with adjusting and figuring out how to mount the LED's up on the side panel.

Mounting I simply used cable ties to hold the tubes in place. I'll take pictures later...also you'll have NO trunk space after this install since all the wires and module is put on each side...you'll see in the photos that I will take in a few minutes.

-craig

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looking forward to the pics and write up. I plan to do all my mods in Winter when I cant ride so time is not a major factor... Got lots of stuff im waiting to do.... As much as I love riding I almost wish winter was here... Almost! lol

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I will type info for each as requested. I started today a few times and my computer crashed. Due to my injury yesterday, my typing abilities arent up to what they were at...here is a very graphic photo...warning it's bloody click on your own risk!!!!

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h147/craigtoddrobertson/104953467_335767726_0.jpg

Due to my injury I did not remove the side panels to take photos of how I mounted the LED Tubes. I will as soon as I am able to move without holding my hand next to my head to reduce swelling. Bare with me :)

Most of these pictures are self explanitory of how they are mounted and also why they are mounted at certian angles. such as the LED's on the bottom....had to be positioned to avoid the exhaust.

Any questions PLEASE ask and i will answer as soon as I can

rear bottom LED

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm digging the new video of the lights and the flash patterns. As soon as I can afford it I will definately get it. I'm gonna have to wait though I need my custom map first.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
haha awesome... hey turn that thing on.. mabye ill see how it is if i see a bunch of leds at night.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Babeslayer said:
so this might be a stupid question but....is that legal...or are cops gonna be all over you for that?
Im not sure about other states but its highly against the law in Missouri. In Missouri you cannot see the source of the light. If its completely hidden and you cant see the bulb looking level at the bike form all heights (which is near impossible) it legal. Basicly your allowed to see the glow but not the tube itself. Most DOT allow them for Off road use only. Cant say Im never gonna ride with it on but I will be careful not to have it on all the time... Bike nights mostly.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
damn theres a lot of wires in the tail section is there any way to cut and shorten them?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your looking at spending about 80 dollars for the kit, its cheap. 4-5 hours of install time and if you do not have a battery tender, i highly reccomend you buy one so after bike night you can just pull the plug out from under the seat....look at my photos you will see my plug near the seat bolt.

CHITO2004LAKERS said:
I'm digging the new video of the lights and the flash patterns. As soon as I can afford it I will definately get it. I'm gonna have to wait though I need my custom map first.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Babeslayer said:
so this might be a stupid question but....is that legal...or are cops gonna be all over you for that?

I dont believe this is legal in any state. However i have experienced different situations. My friends who have LEDS on their bike, and only pointing on the bike not the ground have not been pulled over. Those who have them pointing on the ground have beeb pulled over. Now, I have exprienced no problems because if i see an officer i just reach up and turn them off...sometimes i didn't have time to....and no problems. Now, when riding I keep them at a steady or single coklor so it does not distract others.

I guess it depends on where you live and who your riding with...always ride in pairs and usually the cops wont bother you. Or at least that is my experience.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
teleinfoncarr said:
damn theres a lot of wires in the tail section is there any way to cut and shorten them?

Unfortuneately there is no way to cut the wires because of how they are made. Look at the first picture and you will see how the plugs are. You can try but you may destroy your lights and I'm pretty sure you will have a hard time explaining what happened.

There are a few dislikes that I do have with this kit.

First the tubes are a bit on the big side for LED's for a street bike and they are solid, so obviously they do not flex. Finding mounting locations are limited, where i have them is the only locations you can place them

Second as stated, the wires are 6 feet long and take up a lot of space

Thirdly you can only go forward on the display modes, color and speed. If you accidently go past one setting you have to go back through them all again, which is a pain in the ass.

Last, I would wish that they came with an external switch for the kit, similar to a kill switch so you wont have to always rely on the remote. (I will be instaling this in the furure)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts