Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed 2 on my bike but they don't provide sufficient lightning at all. Are they just for passing inspection? I have them in the top 2 holes and they only light up a little bit of the top part. You definitely can't read the plate from 15 yards away. I'm sure if a cop was having a bad day or has a ticket quota to fill, he'd pull me over for it.

Should I be installing one in the top left corner and one in the bottom right corner?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I just installed 2 on my bike but they don't provide sufficient lightning at all. Are they just for passing inspection? I have them in the top 2 holes and they only light up a little bit of the top part. You definitely can't read the plate from 15 yards away. I'm sure if a cop was having a bad day or has a ticket quota to fill, he'd pull me over for it.

Should I be installing one in the top left corner and one in the bottom right corner?
if its the one i hav ethey do, shrug, actually i only have 1 working one atm and its still decent enough, do need to replace them tho.

D

·
0 Posts
I had some for a while and never got bothered by anyone. If you're really worried, might be worth it to put two more on.

·
Banned
280 Posts
Got some the other day and had the local PD along with a state trooper inspect them.. both gave me a thumbs up for it.. law here in NM states visible from 50 feet .. I'm good to go :p

A shot of my new setup

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
You should be fine. install them in the top holes.

I don't even have plate lights and i've never been harrassed, altho i've been pulled multiple times at night.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
sometimes its just easier to turn up at their door, that being the police and ask them for assistance about such issues.

It saves you having to wait for them to pull you over and write you a ticket. And they are the ones that ultimately decide your own fate.

I have done this a few times and it puts the shoe on the other foot for them, and they genuinely are taken back when i have rocked up about issues. they become the stranger at the bar you have a yarn with about things, instead of the butt kicking type of person they normally become when they pull you over. i think they are just happy enough for your own initiative.. my 2c

·
Registered
72 Posts
I woudnt worry about it too much... I dont have any lights at all on my plate and so far no cops have given me trouble. Tomorrow might be the day though never know. But I dont care that much about fix-it tickets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts