Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed LED signals on my bike and as per usual they flash at a rediculously annoying rate. I'm trying to avoid wiring in resistors to solve the problem and was wondering if anyone had access to the gauge cluster circuit board wiring diagram (I believe the flasher circuit is integrated into that board?).

If the turn signal flasher circuit is unitized into the cluster board somewhere in the cluster is the "failed signal bulb" circuit, the circuit that is responsible for making your bulds "hyper blink" when a lower resistance is detected in the signal line... IE a burnt out bulb or LED signal bulbs. Simply bypassing that detection circuit will eliminate the hyper blinking of signals... but first I need a wiring diagram... HELP?

·
Registered
136 Posts
You'd be done by now if you wired in resistors. As it stands, you're still researching.

Somehow I think messing with any circuit boards on the bike is a bad idea... aside from that... I thougth the lights blink a certain speed because of the signal relay... it requires a certain load and if you change it it performs differently. I doubt it's just done that way to let you know a bulb went out. I'm thinking it's internal to the design of the relay and can't be changed.

That's just my unknowledgeable opinion though. Like I said though... takes 5 minutes to wire in some resistors. Problem solved.

Good luck.

Rock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts