Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed this the other night (not sure how long this has been going on)... my left turn signal is solid when I put it on, but the right one blinks. This isn't all the time, sometimes it does blink, but most of the time it's just solid. My flush mounts are no names off eBay. I didn't wire in resistors or anything because when I first installed them, they worked just fine.

I tried to find certain conditions when it's more prone to do this (like high beam on/off, bike just started/warmed up, different speeds etc) but I can't seem to reproduce it. The bike's an 04 with just about 9k on it. It's not too big a deal because as long as they still work I'm happy, but it's just weird.

Thanks.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Do you have an integrated tail light? If you have both an integrated tail light and then flush mounts in the front, you've changed the current to LEDs all the way around as opposed to the stock halogen bulbs. You're going to need to put a resistor up front and that should get your front blinkers going again.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Flasher Relay

After confirming that your wiring is fine, I believe your front signals hook to the orng/wht on one side and lt. blu/white on the other, i would go ahead and install an LED flasher relay. They can be purchased relatively cheap and bipass the stock relay which operates off of the drawn load of the lamp rather than a timer. Easy to install and slows your blinkers down to stock flash rate. If you have an LED taillight you have to either install such a relay or at least some resistors or your lights will never work completely right. Always solder.:icon_lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts