• none

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, so thanks to some super nice guys who kicked my bike over... I only have one mirror, I'm going to be buy a new set once my check comes in.... But... I was wondering if you were to only have one mirror what side you would put it on?

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
On the left because legally you have to have 1 mirror on the left.

Sucks because I use my right the most.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I generally use both... depending on which way I'm turning/what lane blocking position I'm in.

With so many guys doing track bikes I'm sure you could find someone with a spare mirror for pretty cheap/shipping fees. Checkout the classified section.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
On the left because legally you have to have 1 mirror on the left.
That may be true of Pimpville, but not the case everywhere. Some States require both, some require only one... and a handful don't even require any mirrors.

So, figure out what the laws of your state are... If you want to stay out of trouble.

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im only required to have one mirror legally... right now its on the right and seems to work fine bc i can turn look farther over my left shoulder. But once my next paycheck comes in ill be buying another. Ive seen quite a few pictures on here of bikes with just one mirror and mostly I was just wondering what other ppl though.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
That may be true of Pimpville, but not the case everywhere. Some States require both, some require only one... and a handful don't even require any mirrors.

So, figure out what the laws of your state are... If you want to stay out of trouble.
Wow you are truely brilliant. Care to tell me how the grass is green and the sky is blue?

3 states allow no mirrors, 45 states require 1 mirror (46 if you count DC). The majority of those 45 states require the mirror on the left side. Care to tell me which ones dont?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
i bought a pair from ebay like 25 shipped look and fit just like my oem ones. i know you got that laying around

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
well i believe in a car, if your allowed only one mirror, as was the case in older cars, it had to be on the drivers side. so here in aus that means right side, and as we drive on the lhs i would choose right side mirror.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
So who's the overly-sensitive mod that's now deleting posts? If you're going to delete posts, why not delete the other ones that no longer make sense?

Whatever, my post might have been in bad taste, but it didn't deserve to get deleted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm required to have one mirror on the left side, but I also find myself using the left mirror more anyways; I'd still prefer both however, specifically when riding through NYC, cabbies come at you from everywhere.

I

·
0 Posts
so who's the overly-sensitive mod that's now deleting posts? If you're going to delete posts, why not delete the other ones that no longer make sense?

Whatever, my post might have been in bad taste, but it didn't deserve to get deleted.
:+1::+1::+1:

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Just an FYI 2010Octane is history :ciao:

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
Wow you are truely brilliant. Care to tell me how the grass is green and the sky is blue?

3 states allow no mirrors, 45 states require 1 mirror (46 if you count DC). The majority of those 45 states require the mirror on the left side. Care to tell me which ones dont?
so you flagged his post, but then you basically do the same thing back?:retard:
i dont get it.
any way here is something that should help.
so keep your E-dik in your pants, this is not a pissing contest.

oh, Octane, you should do more homework before claiming what you say is fact. :gun1:
because as far as i can see you are wrong. before you go around preaching you should have a valid source that backs u up.

if you go through the link that i have provided, you will see that more than 3 states have no mirror restrictions, and that your assumption that 45 states require one mirror seemed to be a little inaccurate aswell.

opinion is one thing, but if you are going to talk about facts, try to support your argument with data, at least im offering you a link so you can see the states laws...

http://www.eastcoastmarc.org/art_laws.htm

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
Just an FYI 2010Octane is history :ciao:
"2010Octane Moeman 05-19-2011 Permanent Never Forever [Lift Ban] "

yea i got all of his reported posts this morning too, and i must say, what a waste of time. i kept searching trying to find what it was that he was flagging, i soon realized it was troll work. now it seems he has paid the troll toll, now hes got the boys hole, i mean boys soul. ( if you dont know what that means you need to watch sunny in philly)
:+1:

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
I ask every one to kill the 2010Octane drama and move on your support is kindly appreciated

1 - 20 of 28 Posts