Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ok..ive started up my own business and want to partially advertise it with stickers. I basically want to get the website address out there by putting stickers on street light poles, stop signs, yeild signs, basically everywhere cars will be parked or drive by to see these stickers on signs ALL OVER TOWN and basically say to themselves. "WTF i need to go to this site to see what its all about ive seen stickers EVERYWHERE" I am planning to go "sticker the town" tonight and dont want to get a billion phonecalls and emails saying i HAVE to go pull them all off. I ordered like 350 stickers and plan to put them all up. My company is an LLC so i dont know if that will matter. Is it illegal to do that? What is the worst that could happen? Fines? Arrested? I really have no clue. I mean i see stickers all over signs but obviously if its a website the "authorities" can just go there then call me from the "contact" page. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know.

·
Registered
787 Posts
yeah i would think thats illegal, same concept as graffiti.....ask your lawyer just to make sure though

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
come on man, it's a bad idea. don't cause yourself anymore grief than you already get from a startup business. grass roots marketing with your target consumer and a high quality reputation will grow your business. good luck with it.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
It would be vandelism and probably littering. In NC each sticker could be considered a seperate count. 350 sticker x $360.00 fine = $126,000.00. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
643 Posts
CHEWKNOW said:
its just the stickers will work perfectly for what im doing. Since it is such a site specific area it would do great. heres the website I made....restaurants pay to advertise on my site. etc. etc. etc.

http://www.medfordfood.com

The concept is pretty cool. Expand to Voorhees and I'll hit it up next time I'm visiting the parents hahah

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Great idea.

I'd approach the restaurant manager and ask to put the stickers in their windows.
maybe they will, maybe not. It's an invitation to consider their competition also so tough to say how it'd be received.

If they're paying you by hit/adserver click then some cheap advertising by using doorhangers or mailbox flag foldups will get more "eye time" than a pennypincher style weekly. But the pennypincher style has a larger distribution. On the extreme end investigate what a 15 second plug on popular radio show goes for.

Investigate the marketing strategies of "Angies List" they're faced with similar marketing issues except their draw is based on rating good/bad experiences with retailers.

You can position yourself as a benefit for existing customers by getting more exposure plus to new prospects with a "look at what your competition is doing" angle.
It's a valuable service - especially if you could somehow grow into a online ordering facilitator that sends the order directly to the restaurant for carryout or delivery.

I've often wondered why you can't order nonperishable groceries online and have them waiting for you to stop by and pick them up or pay a small delivery fee.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts