Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I miss-read the court date on my most recent ticket and therefore didn't pay the ticket or make it to my court appearance. I thought the ticket said July 18th but apparently it said July 1st. I’m not really sure what to do at this point because the ticket stated that if you miss the court date then there will be a warrant for your arrest and/or your license will be suspended. If anyone is a lawyer or has been through this before any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Get down to the court ASAP!! The warrant has already been issued for your arrest and your license is suspended. Well, in AZ it would be anyway. Also, the officer won because you were not there. So you will have to pay the fine.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will there be more fines added on and another court date set? The court isn't open today or tommarow, so I was planning on going in first thing in the morning on monday. If there is a warrant for my arrest, are they going to arrest me when I go to court?

·
Registered
448 Posts
look i have missed plenty of court dayes in the past just call them up on monday and tell them u miss read the date on the ticket and if u do end up just goin there and u are worried that they will arrest u just make sure u have the money to pay the ticket dont go there if u dont got the cash but im pretty sure they shouold give u a new date

·
Registered
203 Posts
Remember your license has probably also been suspended, you could chance it but you can be arrested if caught driving on a suspended license. Everything should work out once you contact the court. Also once you have things settled in court make sure you contact the registry to make sure tney re-instate your license, don't just assume it is valid.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Dont panic, just go there first thing in the Monday morning, just tell the judge that you couldnt read the hand writting of the officer, I am sure he will be ok with it and if you want to fight it then they will set up a court date otherwise just pay the fine, they will probably add more fine or they might not.

·
Registered
496 Posts
You might just have to send the nite in the Corn Hole Cabin!!My buddy missed his date and when he went in they kept him for 48 hours. So good luck cutie pie tell bubba hellloooo!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
876 Posts
DUGAN said:
You might just have to send the nite in the Corn Hole Cabin!!My buddy missed his date and when he went in they kept him for 48 hours. So good luck cutie pie tell bubba hellloooo!!! :bounce:
Wow if you have to do 48hrs it would suck.. let us know how it turn out, wish you the best.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'd call the DA before I went. I had a buddy arrested for the same thing like a month or two ago. They came and got him from the base (military).

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you are in Cali odds are they just dropped a FTA (Failure to Appear) on your record. Its a $300 bench warrant. My suggestion is call the court ASAP and tell them you misread it. Just make sure you are kissing their ass the whole time. Now is not the time to stand up for your principles.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I missed a court date in Houston so they issued a warrant. I had bailbondsmen calling my mother and father (I haven't spoken to my father in years, haven't lived with him in at least a decade). But I went down to the courthouse the next day, had to front a $1500 bond, then 2 weeks later I showed up for the new court date and the judge dismissed the charges (my registration and inspection stickers were expired on my car, I got both things fixed before the court date).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
infamous627 said:
where u from
I'm from Carmel Indiana.

I'd call the DA before I went. I had a buddy arrested for the same thing like a month or two ago. They came and got him from the base (military).
What is the DA?

I missed a court date in Houston so they issued a warrant. I had bailbondsmen calling my mother and father (I haven't spoken to my father in years, haven't lived with him in at least a decade). But I went down to the courthouse the next day, had to front a $1500 bond, then 2 weeks later I showed up for the new court date and the judge dismissed the charges (my registration and inspection stickers were expired on my car, I got both things fixed before the court date).
Wow i hope that doesn't happen, because i don't have access to 1500 dollars

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nitrous115 said:
I miss-read the court date on my most recent ticket and therefore didn't pay the ticket or make it to my court appearance. I thought the ticket said July 18th but apparently it said July 1st. I’m not really sure what to do at this point because the ticket stated that if you miss the court date then there will be a warrant for your arrest and/or your license will be suspended. If anyone is a lawyer or has been through this before any advice would be appreciated.
Normally I don't have any sympathy for people who don't see the importance of a court date and somehow are able to miss it. You seem pretty sincere, though. Like the other gentleman said there is more than likely a warrant out for your arrest and your dl is susp, at least in Florida it would be. Just go to court Moday and see if you can tighten everything up. And yes more than likely you will have to pay more fines.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wow i hope that doesn't happen, because i don't have access to 1500 dollars
There are two options for bail, one is that you front the money yourself, in which case it's returned to you when you appear in court. The other option is to use a bailbondsman who you pay a percentage (I'm guessing around 10%) and they front the money for you. The difference is that you don't get your 10% back when you go through a bailbondsman, it's their fee for fronting the money for you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I went to court this morning. I told the judge that I miss-read the date on the ticket. So she looked at the ticket and also thought it said the 18th instead of the first. Anyways, I ended up walked out of court owing them less then the cost of the ticket :bounce:

·
Registered
448 Posts
i told u that it would be no problem right???

ive been there before

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Nitrous115 said:
Well, I went to court this morning. I told the judge that I miss-read the date on the ticket. So she looked at the ticket and also thought it said the 18th instead of the first. Anyways, I ended up walked out of court owing them less then the cost of the ticket :bounce:
Nice!

X

1 - 20 of 20 Posts