Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably a stupid question but would you guys get a leo vince cf for $400 or a arata cf for $520. ive read a lot of threads, and i still have mixed feeling regarding slip ons. dont all slip on yeild the same power more or less? therefore, is it justified to spend an additional $100+ on an arata? Also, i read that you can convert the arata slip-on to a full system later by simply ordering the headers, is this true? i know the answer im probably going to get, but please humor me with your knowlege and experience haha.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
if you are going to get a slip on only then save the money and get the Leo. I had a Leo on my 1st RR. Then I tried a few other slip-ons and eventually got the Arata full system, pciii and custom map.

but for a slip on i'd save the extra $. The Leo is a nice quality slip on and had a nice sound. If you were going for more ponies then I'd say get the Arata full system , pciii and map....

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Yeah, up to you and depends on what you're gonna do later on. But no, not all slip ons make the same h.p, that is crap. The finish on the Leo won't be as good as the Arata but performance should be close enough to ask about the $ difference, just depends on what you want from the pipe, both now and in the future.

Yes you can get the headers later.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i submitted and got the arata slip haha.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
"Leo.....No complaints whatsoever and everyone has an Arata"

LOL I can see terrorist countries adopting that attitude soon. "Bah, Nukes, everyone has nukes, we're running Cruise missiles, and that's that. " LOL I'd say more people have Yosh pipes, but anyway, personally I don't buy things coz others have them or not. I buy what I thinkis the best for what I can afford at the time. Not saying your Leo isn't good, just saying.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Leo rocks!

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
i have the full arata and that thing is bad a**. i am pretty sure the slip on can't be that far off from the full system.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mak600 said:
Where can i get an arata cf for $520
If you go to your local Cycle Gear and grap a catalog there should be a coupon for "20% off one regulary priced item". Cycle Gear sells all (or most) of their exhausts for 10% under MSRP. So its 10% off MSRP and another 20% with the coupon, it came out to be about $539 after tax...not bad at all haha.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I was getting excited for my Arata exhaust..so to prepare for its arrival (Tuesday hopefully) I removed my current Two Brothers Slip from my bike. BTW its for sale in the "Parts/Gear" section if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dammit..im still waiting for my arata slip it's been four days since i ordered it and three days since i rode (my bikes in pieces awaiting the new exhaust) and im dying. i dont know how you east coast people do it.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I like the look of the LEO for the 03-04 RR vs the Arata - i dont like that crooked look...i also like the screaming sound of the leo...

·
Registered
931 Posts
that def doesnt look as bad as the black RR, but im still not to partial to the more round shapped exhaust for the RR, makes the pipe look long or something.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts