Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this is the deal, i picked up a new cbr600rr '08 a few weeks ago and it came with a Leo Vince slip-on. It sounded really bad ass when i first started riding it, but now after a few weeks it's beginning to bother me. It's just too damn loud.

It seems to be the loudest around 5000 and 6500 rpm, where there is this extremely loud and deep resonating growl that just grills you. Above 6500 rpm the the resonance drops and it carries on with a more balanced engine fueled sound, which is fantastic.

Got a feeling that previous owner might have removed like a muffler or silencer to make it louder. If that is the case, is it possible to find a replacement and reinsert it?

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Can you post a pic of the canister itself? Some cans can accept a generic baffle, some need a specific baffle, and some have no option for one.

Years ago I also swapped a Yoshimura can for a stock one because I couldn't stand the resonance at cruising speed, even with ear plugs in (always wear ear plugs!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you post a pic of the canister itself? Some cans can accept a generic baffle, some need a specific baffle, and some have no option for one.

Years ago I also swapped a Yoshimura can for a stock one because I couldn't stand the resonance at cruising speed, even with ear plugs in (always wear ear plugs!)
thanks for the reply. this is the only pic i have on me right now. is it helpful?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Yeah, looks like their most common can shape. Not sure which series it's from though.

If you look at the pictures on this auction, I believe you can see the baffle installed into this can: 07 08 Honda CBR 600 RR 600RR Leo Vince SBK Slip on Exhaust | eBay

The baffle attaches via a small screw that passes through the bottom. Unfortunately I don't know what the compatibility matrix is, but you can start here: Leo Vince Baffle Brand New | eBay

Leo Vince is no longer carried in the US I believe. Maybe one of the large retailers would have some older info that could help you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts