Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK ...I've gone round and round trying to decide on what Pipe to get for my 2011 CBR600RR.

I decided after much research that Leo Vince may suit be best ...and I was about to place my order with Motorcycle superstore (MSS) but I'm a bit confused about an issue. I will call and ask them but often you don't get people who are very knowledgeable so maybe someone in this forum could help me.

They (MSS) have this item on their site for $450 called: Leo Vince LV-One Slip-On Exhaust

I want to think its an old model # 8280 that LV made and its all carbon Fiber canister and tip.

Then they have this other model for $655.00 called
Leo Vince SBK Factory Racing Slip-On Exhaust

This may be a newer model but for $200 more.

Does anybody know what the difference may be?

The cheaper pipe even has a DB silencer ....but I can't tell what the difference between the two may be.

Honestly $655 may be a bride-too-far for me unless there is something great about this model which I doubt.

thanks for your help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I was at Leo Vince site and was not able to assure myself what the $450 pipe on Motorcycle Superstore is. The full Carbon Fiber pipe you linked to(Part #7735) seem more in line with the $655 version at MSS.

The other link (Part #7733) does not have a carbon fiber tip like the one in my picture and it seem not to have a DB silencer. So I'm wondering if the $450 item at MSS is just an old version they somehow still have in their warehouse. If so ...does it still sound the same?

If the $450 pipe is the same as this pipe on youtube
...then I'm in!

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
The site states the factory has full titanium internals and canister or cf sleeve. The oval either has an aluminum, cf or titanium sleeve. But all stainless steel internals. Also, the most obvious difference is the shape. The oval is oval while the factory is round. The oval can also come in a cf tip as an option. All factory have the cf tip. Noise wise the factory is louder since the design is more straight through and has less packing in the baffle because of the smaller design.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So in my top post ....the first picture I posted(Leo Vince LV-One Slip-On Exhaust) is the Oval ...right?

That's really what I want to establish.... and it sounds like this
....right?

My budget for a slip-on is $500 ...so the factory is out of my reach.

Thanks for your help and the quick feedback

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Both of the exhaust pictured in your first post are of the factory style. You can tell because of the cf hanger holding the exhaust.

The one in your second vid is the oval with the cf sleeve.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have the Ti Leo (with the CF hanger) and a gutted intake. Gutted intake helps relieve backpressure. I love the Leo and it does sound awesome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.