Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stock catback. Keep reading other threads around the web concluding that Leo vince exhausts put the most power to the tire and are pitchly sound!

I thought maybe i should make my own thread(why not?:) asking my own cats.

Is Leo vince really better? how?

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
It depends on the manufacturer really, I would not say LeoVince are superior. Brands like Akrapovic and Arrow are superior IMO and are usually my first choice. With some manufacturers a slip on will add 3HP to a 600RR and a full system will add another 3HP, these numbers are subject to manipulation in a lot of different ways. You have to prioritize what you are looking for, i.e. performance, sound, quality etc, and then decide.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Even with a complete system you'll still need a remap (power commander for example)

If you just change the slip-on in fact you'll loose power at low RPMs... Which is quite a draw back considering that our bikes have very little power at low RPMs with stock configuration.

They way to go is complete system (slip on + headers) + tuning box but you know that means a lot of $$$$$

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
I've run a Jardine RT-1 Carbon fiber slip-on. Ran it for a couple days without a PC3 on my '07....I will NEVER run a slip-on without a fuel management system. The throttle response down low SUCKED.

The best part of the Jardine was the noticeable weight savings over the stock exhaust.

I have a LEO Vince Carbon fiber full system on my new '07....I should be able to take it out next month to see what its about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts