Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I rode her (unknowingly) without an oil cap for about 4 miles worst case scenario (read http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=111168 for the full story). It's dark so I didn't check the oil levels (I probably will tomorrow and give an update), but it appears that only a little leaked out, since there's not much on my pants or the bike. That, and when the bike is running, the oil light isn't on.

Any chance I did any damage and if so, how much?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
check the oil level, if its within the window, id say ur fine, if its a tad below, then refil it. like u said, u only road for a few miles, even if u ran 2 quarts for that long, i doubt that it would do any serious damage (maybe a bit of metal shavings and thats it, worst case).

its not a big deal, just the fact that they touched it which pisses u off. ive been there. i got stock rear turn signals and the light cover popped out somehow, it wasnt dropped cuz i looked all over for new scratches, just the thought of someone touching it made me worry about it more than it really was..

it is wat it is, some people can be real f*ck tards, just refill the oil and buy a new cap and forget about it, thats wat i would do.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I'll do that. If I can recall correctly, I did overfill a little at the last change, so I'm hoping it's all gravy.

I just can't believe someone would do such a thing...

Well, I can now I guess.

·
Registered
709 Posts
if there is oil in the window, I would say your fine. Honda's are tough, and a little low oil aint gonna hurt it, unless you hear crap grinding.

have you seen the video on here where they put water in the honda civic(?) engine and abused the hell out of and it just wouldnt die. your little bit of missing oil wont even be noticed by the engine

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
no oil light? no pinging or grind sounds? oil in window? id say that engine was still runnin smooth like butta! so are you. its all butta an gravy bro.!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I doubt you lost enough oil to be below the minimum level. Sorry to hear about this, there are a lot of jerks out there.

K

·
0 Posts
not sure why everyone is talking about an oil light activation... there's no oil level sensor on the CBR600RR, just an oil pressure low/high sensor... which i guess technically if there were no oil in the bike (or at least not enough to feed the oil system) there wouldn't be any pressure, hense the light would activate... but i'm just sayin'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts