Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

3221 - 3240 of 3266 Posts

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,280 Posts
Yep, I"m going to do that.

But I'm asking so that I make sure I try some that may not be at the store.

If someone here says Arai xyz is best and when I get to the store, it isn't there, at least I can keep searching other stores until I'm sure I try that one too.

But you're right, I'm just gonna go and try every helmet I can in all the stores around me. I'm just hoping I don't miss one that just happens to NOT be at a store.
got it, i like you have been riding with the RF brand helmets so I can provide no further assistance - good luck!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I started by looking at HJC and another brand in the $200 range. A few minutes talking with the salesmen and I quickly jumped up to the $600-$800 category, specifically Arai and Shoei. If you absolutely must, go cheap on your other gear, not your helmet. I ended up buying the Arai RX-Q because it fits me like a glove.

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Yep, I"m going to do that.

But I'm asking so that I make sure I try some that may not be at the store.

If someone here says Arai xyz is best and when I get to the store, it isn't there, at least I can keep searching other stores until I'm sure I try that one too.

But you're right, I'm just gonna go and try every helmet I can in all the stores around me. I'm just hoping I don't miss one that just happens to NOT be at a store.

I know this it is a bit of a trip for you but if you're ever in Manchester, CT. Stop by Manchester Honda/KTM. I work in the parts dept and would be glad to help you get fitted properly. We have plenty of brands for you to try on too. (Arai, Shoei, 6D, HJC etc.)

Shoot me a PM if you have any specific questions. :)

·
Registered
718 Posts
My current baby.

·
Registered
43 Posts
nice helmets!
I miss the quality of my AGV TiTech, but it started to get a little "loose" on me over the years. I've been entrusting my grape with AGV's K3 line as of late... all the money I've spent over the last two years "collecting" Rossi replicas, I could've bought a proper GPTech *bangs head*

Currently using the "VR46" design ('03-'05) as a daily rider after setting my "Sword" ('07 Jerez test) up on the shelf from last year. Looking forward to wearing my "Icon" ('02 Mugello) next season.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
nice Venom!
do you have any advice for where to pick them up?
where do you get your pinlocks? they cost arm and a leg everywhere i search. :bs:
I got mine off Ebay, it came from china so it took awhile but they were cheaper then the ones I was finding on other sites. They appear to be the same exact shields from what I can tell. They have the pin locks and snap right into the helmet on the sides as it should.

This is where I got it from.

Genuine HJC Rpha 10 Plus Shield Visor HJ 20P All Colors | eBay

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
it has been a while since i have posted helmet pictures but my Rossi's AGV addiction lives on i hope you all like them pictures the only negative is these new lids are made in China

Vale's Corsa Mugello & Misano 2015

Vale's Corsa Mugello 2015

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
Hey Moe great helmets. Does the Mugello helmet have a chrome finish? All the pics I've seen online except yours show a grey look.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
David

Thanks man yes indeed the Mugello has a Chrome mirrored finish not a grey look like all the online pictures show .
The Mugello looks bad ass in person , i got mine by mistake on my order . I was mad when i saw the sticker on the box indicating it was the Mugello but such feeling went away the minute i took it out of the box & layed my eyes on it .

3221 - 3240 of 3266 Posts