Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get peoples opinions on this license plate bracket i had to make up. I ordered one online through Amazon via D2Moto, said no modding needed and of course i get it and there is no where to mountit to, so since i already had the bike apart( I was also installing a Integrated Tail Light, which I had issues with at all) that I would just run up to Home Depot and get some pieces to make it work. I had a ride with a buddy planned for Sunday so I had to make something happen and didn't want to put the Pharoah's beard back on. The license plate light that came with the mount didnt work so i will have to replace that anyways, just wondering if i should try replacing this bracket as well, my buddy said it looks fine and i should leave it as is. I think it looks alright but i am not 100% satisfied with it, I couldnt mount it anywhere else cuz my bike is lowered, i am vertically challenged, under the mount for the pipe would have the plate touching the back wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
No offense, but that looks pretty awful. If you want a cheap fix you could do what i did, 3 zip ties are holding it up and has held for years. Never been pulled over for it, but I dont ride really at night anymore, so i don't have a light on it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
^^That wouldn't make it past the yearly inspection in Massachusetts. If it did, it would be nice to have it out of the way like that to make the tail look a bit cleaner. I wonder if it would be okay in Atlanta (where the OP has as a location).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
None taken and i appreciate the honesty, i cant put my plate back there like that though dont have enough room.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i dont think it will fly here in the A, it might but i dont want to take that chance to fine out.

Trip, i had looked at your bracket and really do like it i just dont think i will have enough room for it to fit properly. I saw this video awhile ago and took my plate off by itself and set up on the pipe bracket and the plate touches the tire and thats without any bracket on the plate. I figured if i got it i would have to angle it so much that i might have problems.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Measure from the exhaust strap to the tire and I can tell you how much room you will have..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do, i will have to wait til i get home, at work right now and didnt ride today, not sure why its actually pretty nice out today...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a little under 4 and a half inches from the exhaust strap to the tire. Is that going to be enough space?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts