Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my license plate off to the side of the swingarm. I dont have lights on the plate. has some of you guys been pulled over for this.I know you can get the led screws for the plate but if this is not a big deal then whatever . I just dont need another reason for the man to talk to me
:shakehand

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yes.

Apparently, the reason I was pulled over was because my license plate was unreadable, and the light wasn't BRIGHT enough. I can only imagine it being the same issue if there wasn't a light at all.

As you can see... its overly visible but whatever.

Needless to say, I had my temps and was out at night... on a highway. I knew what I was doing was wrong but I didn't know another way home from where I was that avoided the highway. The country road I would have originally taken had a bridge that was down for repair. So, I did what I did.

This probably could have all been avoided if I had a brighter light on my license plate. I think he was profiling me but oh well. That's life. My fines were all thrown out in court, since I obtained my endorsement before my court date.

Make sure your light shines bright enough to not last shadows from the raised numbers. I bought an eBay kit to bring my license plate out from being tucked behind my shock assembly (previous owner) just so it would be easier to see if it needed to be, and I still got screwed. Don't give them another reason to **** you.

·
Registered
324 Posts
even if you don't get pulled over for it, you most likely wont get your safty inspection sticker with out some sort of light on the plate.

BTW: check out your state laws.. I know in Mass. it is illegal to have your license plate on sideways.

You have to keep the text horizontal..

This plate mounting in the picture would be illegal in Mass... since it's not horizontal.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's crazy. It's funny cause I took my test with the plate next to the swingarm but it was a young girl that past me. I did think it was going to be a problem but yes maybe some $12 lights well be a good thing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts