Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I bought the bike with the license plate mount already installed. I was wondering if police give anyone trouble for having their plate monted like this instead of a more easily visable method? I like how it looks but the last thing I want is to get a ticket for something like this. Thanks so much!

http://pbckt.com/sL.2U9

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
thats going to depends on your location, and the cops you deal with

legally speaking, it is useually required to be fully vistable, behind the rear axel.

·
Registered
753 Posts
It does depend where you are located, however, as a former deputy, I'd stop you for that plate. Park your car a few car lengths behind the bike and see if you can read it. If you have trouble reading it, you are asking for a stop. In your case, that plate is asking for a stop.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats going to depends on your location, and the cops you deal with

legally speaking, it is useually required to be fully vistable, behind the rear axel.
yes thats what i figured upon where you live and how the cop reacted. I live in northern jersey. I will try to get something that will save me the hassel. Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does depend where you are located, however, as a former deputy, I'd stop you for that plate. Park your car a few car lengths behind the bike and see if you can read it. If you have trouble reading it, you are asking for a stop. In your case, that plate is asking for a stop.
Yes, from standing at the end of my garage, I could barely see the plates let alone when I will be moving. I figured I would get stopped but I didnt know if anyone had experience with this. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
If your CA most likely your gonna get pulled over. I have the same setup and if PA police give me crap for it (never issued a ticket) you could get some attention.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
i have mine like that and no problems.. north NJ.. but what you can do is bend your plate alittle at the top, bend it down so its not such an extreme angle.. will make it much more visable

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have mine like that and no problems.. north NJ.. but what you can do is bend your plate alittle at the top, bend it down so its not such an extreme angle.. will make it much more visable
this is true, it might look a little better back there rather than sticking out right behind the exhaust too. Thanks

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yes, from standing at the end of my garage, I could barely see the plates let alone when I will be moving. I figured I would get stopped but I didnt know if anyone had experience with this. Thanks!!
I was never that picky as long as I could read it. There were a bunch of stolen bikes in the area, so I ran them to check. If I had to stop the bike to read it, the rider got a warning. Some are more picky. The best bet is to mount it as far back as possible, behind the rear wheel, and make sure it is illuminated.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I was never that picky as long as I could read it. There were a bunch of stolen bikes in the area, so I ran them to check. If I had to stop the bike to read it, the rider got a warning. Some are more picky. The best bet is to mount it as far back as possible, behind the rear wheel, and make sure it is illuminated.
We need more cops with your logic:shakehand

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
they way you have it in the photos is not remotely legal. you will have to have it folded down some so it is visible from behind. i would not ride around with it the way it is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had mine in the same spot for about 4 hours before getting ulled over. The cop was cool though, he said I needed to go home and fix it, and if he saw me out again he'd give me a ticket.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
i had 2 Deptford cops in a charger about 2 days ago tell me to slow down a lil bit and to flip my plate back down so its easier to read, and got no tix. :) they didn't even turn on their lights so I pulled over when I saw them and they just pulled over next to me to tell me that and drove away.

I have T's adj fe but I had it flipped all the way back like yours lol. I fixed it right in front of them without even getting off the bike and they just chuckled.

Gotta give props to them though for not being a-holes and just letting me know to fix the plate without pulling me over.

·
Banned
280 Posts
I like when leo's don't have little man problems.. I have ran into only a few that were picked on during school and you can obviously tell that they were done that way just because of how they flaunt their authority .. the guys that just talk to you for a min and then tell you to fix what ever issue that caught their attention are the best !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts