Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple pics of my Arai that I'm working on. I stole the theme from Chris Wood's/AIRTRIX style. Most of the killer Suomy and all the Bostrom brother lids are done by AIRTRIX. What you see are the large metalflake sections. I still need to complete the more complex graphics. There will be PENDEJO across the chin area, my number or yet to be decided image on the sides, and a sacred heart on the back with the flames rolling up the back in between then stripes. Sorry for the pics all I had avaiable. Let me know what you think...

N

·
0 Posts
Can you post a pic of how it should look? I mean, is this suppose to be a replica helmet look-a-like?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my creation, there is no replica. But like stated with the "John Glen, stars and stripes" theme/graphics taken from AIRTRIX.

N

·
0 Posts
jonesti said:
This is my creation, there is no replica. But like stated with the "John Glen, stars and stripes" theme/graphics taken from AIRTRIX.
Oh, in that case, good stuff!

A clearer and closer pic would be easier for us to give you our opinions. Other than that, A+ for effort.

I'm actually considering of doing something like this in the near future.

What products are you using? I assume you're airbrushing, right?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm using AutoAir paints by Createx. They are a waterbased paint which doesn't require a respirator or worries of illness to to contact like uro's can. Problem is unless they are reduced and used properly they are a tad more difficult to paint with and get a show quality appearence. Also, there is no "window" of time that needs to be monitered. I can do some work and 2 weeks later come back and fininsh were as in using uro's this can be a problem. Plus the paint is fairly inexpensive, around $6 that'll cover 3-4 sq ft of area.
I'm using both airbrushes and a mini HVLP gun to lay the paint.

N

·
0 Posts
Are these the same product the professional helmet airbrushers use? I'd like to see a closer pic of the helmet if you can please.

Thx

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most of the "known" guys like Troy Lee, Chris Woods, Off Beat Productions use the uro products like House of Kolor, PPG, etc.
Sorry I don't have any close ups available and with this system the true colors and effects don't come out until the product is clear coated. My camera is MIA and I'm not at the house leaving for Laguna!!
Here are some great links to help you out!
http://www.kustomkulturelounge.com/forum/
http://www.airbrushtechnique.com/vba/cmps_index.php

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wait found some...The edges are not crisp, if you notice the fine line tape hasn't been removed yet. I'm going for bassboat gaudy, in your face so ugly it's cool! And the like said before the real depth and color will come with clear.

Here was my first attempt. I got aways along a started thinking it was looking real NASCARish like a TIDE box.

Then I remember ROSSI had a really cool lid during testing once..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts