Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey
i was looking into buying this 03 600rr and i was wondering how easy it is to remove a lien?
the bank has a lien on the title and he said he could go to the bank and they could just write it off once i gave him the payment to give them
is this correct and will it have any effect on the title in the long run?
thanks

·
Registered
779 Posts
Well dont receive the title if there's a lien. How much do you trust this guy to give him payment before he gives you the tittle? And yes once the bank
receives FULL payment (what ever is owed) they will either give him a notorized letter that says the tittle's owner has no further obligation with them or they (the bank) may take the old tittle return it to DMV and get a "CLEAN" tittle (this would take a couple of weeks) So maybe if there's any chance of you going to the bank with him would minimize your chances of getting screwed. just becarefull there's a lot of shady people out there.
hope that helps. If not, shoot any other questions you may have. BUT LIKE I SAID BEFORE DONT RECEIVE THE TITLE WITH A LIEN ON IT.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey

i asked the guy and he said that he could go to the bank and that they would sign it off somehow
i will definitely make sure that i either go to the bank with him or make sure he has it cleared when i pick up the bike.
he works at a car dealership so i figure if i know where he works and everything and have his name on the title then i can probably track him down if there are any problems after we go to the bank together

thanks for the help

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yea if he works at a car dealership he should know all the DMV forms for a vehicle sale and all that title transfer crap. And I guess if you know where he's employed he wouldn't want to screw you. well what color is it? and good luck

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea but you never can tell with people now
ill make sure to get a business card or something
if its displayed in the dealerships showroom ill trust him more but i dont know the guy so not good to trust him

its a yellow 03 900 miles

what do you have?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Go with him to the bank, every state is different though. If you pay him at the bank , and if he owes more then you paid him, he will pay the difference and the bank should at least give you a lien satisfied paper. In calif the lender signs off on the bottom and then he could sign it over to you, and make sure he signs a release of liability also. Check with your dept of motor vehicles in Indiana.

·
Registered
513 Posts
if the bike is in lien , you must make sure it is satisfied at point of purchase , otherwise the sale is not legit . deal with the lienholder as well as the seller . their name is on the title .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts