Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in the market for another CBR. I've had both an f4i and a 600rr and sold them with 26K+ and 13K+ miles respectively. In looking for a used bike, I have this idea in my head that I have to get a bike with less than 10K miles. I think its just mainly a mental hurdle that I might need to hop over because what I want does not come as cheap as I would like unless it has a few more miles on it.

What are your guys' opinions on mileage? Would you get something with higher mileage if it was well mainteained? How long can I expect a CBR somewhere in the 2005-2008 model years to last? Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would not worry. It will last longer then what you will have it for. I guarantee it. People change up bikes so fast with Jap bikes. Get it, ride the **** out of it, then get the next best thing when you get the itch.

Its like computers, the technology is changing so fast, thats its just too tempting to want the next greatest thing.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
94 CBR F2 sold with 52k miles , 03 CBR 600RR sold with 44k miles
we got a member with an F4 that has over 60k miles if you give
your Honda all the love you posses the returned love is simply
untouchable

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would not worry. It will last longer then what you will have it for. I guarantee it. People change up bikes so fast with Jap bikes. Get it, ride the **** out of it, then get the next best thing when you get the itch.

Its like computers, the technology is changing so fast, thats its just too tempting to want the next greatest thing.

Definetly! i just got a 2006 1000rr in addition to my 05 600rr today and I love it!

·
Registered
901 Posts
i have 23 k on my 07 it runs as good as the day i bought it and by no means has it seen an easy life . on a side note it has never even been so much as tipped over and the oil is changes with gn4 every 3k . so i say its all about maintaining it . my 03 had 36k when i sold it and ran as good as the day i took it home .

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all! This puts me more at ease. Last couple bikes I've had I couldn't get off of so its more than likely I'll end up putting 10-12K miles on the bike each year. Giving it love is a no-brainer. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I'm about to go over 20K on my 07, including about 25 track days and daily excursions to the rev limiter. Don't worry about mileage. Most guys ride like pansies. Take a look at the RPM Shifting thread.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
It doesn't matter how many miles they last, I've bought 3 bikes used and they all had 2-3k miles on them. Let someone else take the initial depreciation hit, but get it soon enough that you can be sure all the proper maintenance has been done.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I sold my 92 CBR 600 with 68K on it. that included 5 races at PIR and 4 at SIR. other than having some dork at cycle gear forget to snug up the spark plugs after a leak down and blowing out the treads in #1 I never had a problem with it. when the head was removed to repair the threads you could still see the cross hashes in the cylinders! put it back together and preformed a leak test and all 4 cylinders were perfect. last I heard the guy who bought it had an additional 20 K on it. a semi taken care of CBR will go for ever.

·
Registered
857 Posts
my f4 only had about 10k miles on it when for some stuip reason i sold it for a new suzuki bandit because i thought it had a lot of miles.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i got 10k on the03 and will sell it later in the summer just to get a newer model rr on the other hand got 250,000 miles on my 1 owner 1975 harley flh just finished rebuild # 5 and its good as the day i bought it live to ride ride to live

·
Registered
123 Posts
Japanese sport bikes have been reliable for some time. I put over 66K on an '89 750 Ninja and over 42K on a '98 900 Ninja (it now has mid 50's on it) so, you will tire of it long before it wears out, especially with reasonable care.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I'm sitting right at 155,300 miles on my '04 F4i.... still runs as smooth and strong as the day I bought it new, and doesn't burn or leak a drop of oil. Still has no problems bringing the front end up either :icon_lol:

As long as it's been maintained, don't worry about it.... just buy it, it'll last as long as you want it to last. I'm fully expecting to see 200k+ out of my F4i

1 - 20 of 114 Posts