Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride everyday and can't find an appealing set of sunglasses. I have a darked smoked visor that I really like, the problem is that on school days I don't leave campus until 9:45 at night. A dark smoked visor just doesn't seem safe that late at night. Does any one here ride with a light smoked visor at night or is this a bad idea as well? I'd like to get some opinions before I fork out another 50 bucks on a visor that just accumlates dust like my current dark visor.

GT

·
Registered
151 Posts
gtran1502 said:
I ride everyday and can't find an appealing set of sunglasses. I have a darked smoked visor that I really like, the problem is that on school days I don't leave campus until 9:45 at night. A dark smoked visor just doesn't seem safe that late at night. Does any one here ride with a light smoked visor at night or is this a bad idea as well? I'd like to get some opinions before I fork out another 50 bucks on a visor that just accumlates dust like my current dark visor.

GT
i put my Original Clear visor in the back seat... keep in mind i have an Arai dont know if they are smaller but i just cover the top of it with a bandana so it doesnt scratch it when i close the seat... and i also keep it in the bag that my Dark Smoke visor came in so it doesnt scratch seems to work ok... the only thing that bugs is the fact that i have to change it all the time and on the arai it seems to be a bitch sometimes because of the ear muff type design...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The visor actually fits in the trunk? Anyways, changing visors on the Arai is like a 10 minute job for me. It's the one thing I hate about the helmet, one side always seems to get stuck and I'm afraid of breaking it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
gtran1502 said:
The visor actually fits in the trunk? Anyways, changing visors on the Arai is like a 10 minute job for me. It's the one thing I hate about the helmet, one side always seems to get stuck and I'm afraid of breaking it.
yeah it fits i have nothing in there but my registration and insurance so just fit the sides in with the bottom of the visor pointing towards the rear of the bike and slip the sides in to the sides of the trunk... but its bagged like i said in the original bag and the top covered with a bandana so when i click downt he seat it doesnt scratch it..because you do put a lil force on the seat before it clicks... so it would sratch it otherwise...

and on the whole changing the visor thing on the arai... i have gotten better at it... i just slam the fucker in now...no problems yet... haha before i was all careful with it... but whatever.. now acctually the guy said that all that is covered on the helmet with the 5 year warranty or whatever... but who knows...

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I can change mine in like 30 seconds (Shoei RF-1000). I never considered fitting it in the trunk, but Ill have to check that out. I also have the light smoke and wouldnt be comfortable wearing it at night. Im going to get some clear glasses for nights I get caught out with the smoke still on.

·
Registered
157 Posts
or get a pair of clear safety glasses and throw those on under the helmet. thats what i do. My icon shield wont fit under the seat so carrying my clear around isn't an option for me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
brandon250r said:
or get a pair of clear safety glasses and throw those on under the helmet. thats what i do. My icon shield wont fit under the seat so carrying my clear around isn't an option for me.
where would you get some of these glasses??? serious question never really gave it any thought?? and are they geeky looking? or are they nice sunglasses style ones?

·
Registered
757 Posts
wow thats crazy i change my arai lens out in less then 10 secs i do it every day dark to school clear to work i nvr even thought the lens would fit under the seat. what kind of arai's do u guys have i have the rx7 coursair but i think how the lens attaches is the same. hmm think u guys are just doin somethin wrong

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Any place that sells bike stuff or sunglasses should have the clears. Some of them are pretty cool looking. They have ones that look like sunglasses with clear lenses. They also have more of a google style, but I dont know if you'd want/need that under your helmet.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I originally used the dark smoke visor on my RF-1000 but it was impossible to use at night. Now I ride with the light smoked all the time. It's the absolute perfect shade for both day and night riding. Have never had to replace it yet because of the environment. Go for the light smoked.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well smoked shields at night are not safe. I don't see how you can't find a pair of sunglasses that will work.... anyhow, I have an Arai as well and broke the side covers changing out my visor one day, well it took forever to get more in from Arai and they were not cheap.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
well i got a suomy helmet and it came with the polarized rainbow type lense and i dont find i need sunglasses during teh day and at night its fine as well!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought the light smoke yesterday. I think it'lll be too light during the day, but will be just fine for night.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I use my light smoke lens for occassional night riding and its ok
but prefer to go clear when I know I'm riding after dark.

I find that polarized glasses underneath creates an odd
polarizing effect with the two lenses that I find distracting.

·
Registered
151 Posts
davedog665 said:
wow thats crazy i change my arai lens out in less then 10 secs i do it every day dark to school clear to work i nvr even thought the lens would fit under the seat. what kind of arai's do u guys have i have the rx7 coursair but i think how the lens attaches is the same. hmm think u guys are just doin somethin wrong
i believe i have an Astral-X and i have been getting better at putting it on... its just that i had just got the dark smoke visor and i had never really taken it off before but its starting to get easier...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts