Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Runs fine. Have had this happen before but keeps happening and I notice it of course on a red light when I’m sitting only. After 20min I don’t notice it even when Looking for signs. Not sure what it could be it’s not oil I changed it few weeks ago but I did lube my chain with Molly chain lube but still not sure if that’s what it is. Help? Bike not overheating. Pretty much coming from right side by the lowering links and see it on front headlight. 14 cbr600rr.

·
Registered
389 Posts
It could be your plastics rubbing up against the hot exhaust, or any number of things "burning off".

I would recommend you take the side and lower fairings off, and then take the bike for a spin and or just start it and watch for smoke. You should be able to pinpoint where the smoke is coming from this way.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be your plastics rubbing up against the hot exhaust, or any number of things "burning off".

I would recommend you take the side and lower fairings off, and then take the bike for a spin and or just start it and watch for smoke. You should be able to pinpoint where the smoke is coming from this way.
Thing is it won’t ever do it till I ride and stop at the light or whatever and after 20min it just stops in general. I am starting to think it could be the lube I did live tnnigt before idk

·
Registered
389 Posts
That's fine.

Take your fairings off, ride until it smokes, and quickly hop off to see where it's coming from.

Or just continue riding and let whatever's smoking burn off in time.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I get smoke from my headers for a short time after changing my oil :), or when I ride in the rain. Never seen smoke after a chain lube - that would be insane, not even sure how that would be possible unless you try doing it with a blind fold on after spinning in circles for 5 minutes.

Hopefully it's not electrical right? Might want to remove your tank, and see if you see any issues with your main wire harness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts