Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been dicussed before, I have a new 05 600rr, at 5k rpm I get a light vibration comming from near the front like in the speedometer area, the vibration will go away at 6k rpm and it seems to do it in lower gears. Does anyone else have this that owns an 05, I don,t think its the cct because it is a light vibration?
Anyone?

·
Registered
494 Posts
It's just some part that is too close to another part, and the harmonics of the exhaust at that certain rpm make them vibrate against each other. I have no idea what it is, but it's normal on these bikes. I suppose you could go shoving cotton in between everything to see if you can make it stop, but you'll get used to it after a while. hehe.

·
Registered
194 Posts
5krpm - who rides at 5k ??? Never heard it, maybe because I'm allways screaming around at 9-10 .... :bitchslap: :squid: j/k

·
Registered
356 Posts
Mine has the same problem, I think it's the resonance as well but i'de like to get rid of that damn rattle all the same

·
Registered
194 Posts
damn you all - you guys made me listen and now i can hear it too :very_mad: ...j/k

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry, I hope someone can figure out what it is, I am sure it is something simple

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have the exact same thing on my bike. It seems to do it between 4.5k and 5.5k. I isolated it down to the gas tank. If you press on the top of the tank where it makes the indentation it stops. I believe that it's the plastic from the outer tank hitting the inner portion. If anyone has any fix it would be greatly appreciated. :)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
panthegoatgod said:
I have the exact same thing on my bike. It seems to do it between 4.5k and 5.5k. I isolated it down to the gas tank. If you press on the top of the tank where it makes the indentation it stops. I believe that it's the plastic from the outer tank hitting the inner portion. If anyone has any fix it would be greatly appreciated. :)
Mine does it in the same exact RPM range. It didn't start making the noise until about 250-300 miles. I just took it this morning for the first service and told them to check it out. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
My 05 does the exact same thing and it irritates the hell out of me.When you spend this much money on something,you kind of expect these things not to happen.I'm gonna take it to my dealer if I can't find the problem and I'm gonna see if they can fix it.It makes my bike sound like $hit.I'm sure people on the streets can hear it when you're cruising by,it's so loud.

·
Registered
259 Posts
yeah, but that's kind of a pain in the arse. Is it possible to take the plastic tank off an maybe place rubber or foam between the 2?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue with my '88 CBR so I wasn't surprised to see it again in the 03' RR. I just assumed this is part of the bikes character and bought a pair of gel padded gloves. Helps a little but my right hand still goes numb after a while....comfortably numb.

·
One Man Band
1,720 Posts
Holy Crap!! I got the same prob! The Honda Techs checked it out yesterday and tightened all the bolts and screws and thought it was maybe the HORN!!
I still have it and it's driving me nuts!! I guess we'll all hafta live with it! Let's hope that's the worst problem we'll have with this bike! I thought it was just mine...whew...Thank God it's normal! Like you said...paying so much and we all expect perfection! I've had little types of probs with every new bike purchase...maybe the vibration will slowly cease as the bike gets older :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Got it back from the dealer. They said it was the "clutch basket" and that it's normal.
Also, I had just left the dealer when I noticed my mirror vibrating. I looked over and the top allen screw was dangling out. Before I could reach to grab it, it fell (while I was riding). I went back and they put a new one on. I told them to tighten the others and they were all loose, but not as loose. Looks like everything is loosening up!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts