Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He never had a bike. Told me in my teens, if I came home with one, I would be booted out. After 3 years stowing my bike at a friend's house I brought it home, he said "nice bike". About 15 years later (a year after my mother passed) I asked him if he wanted his first ride at 80 years old. I geared him up best I could (he has a big cranium), took lots of breaks along the way and showed him the mountains and some historic sites. 200 miles in one day, even opened it up a couple of times. He enjoyed it.

Take your father for a ride for Father's day.

Post some pics of you and the Pop.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
very nice indeed!!! i wish my father will do the same...but sadly he doesnt like 2 wheels.. its too dangerous like he said. so they say you cant argue with the father.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
That's an awesome story. I'm trying to convince my dad to get one. He feels he's too old but he's only 61. I might tell him your story. Good for you.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
but anyway my dad is still young.. i just hope when he reaches that age he will change his mind haha! btw how old is you old man? he looks around 65-70s? awesome!

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Great story for a father's day

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
200 miles? Are you trying to kill the guy lol? Thats some distance...
That's what my brothers and sisters said...we did 20 to 50 mile stints. I was the one actually in back pain at the end of the day from staying in one position for him to hold on to. He suffered from one charley horse early on in the day but wouldn't let on any other sores or pains beyond that. He did sleep good that night. Must have been the mountain air.

btw how old is you old man? he looks around 65-70s? awesome!
He is 80 in that pic (2004). We did it again following summer at 81 (2005), less miles, and then it was a wrap. His hands are too arthritic to grab hold anymore, my back couldn't take it, and I am not getting a full dresser anytime soon.

Great story for a father's day
Yeah I have been meaning to post these the past couple of Father's days but didn't get around to it til now. Happy Father's day all, especially you guys overseas (note the TR hat in the first pic).

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
that good to hear...my dad has been riding since iono...that's how i got into riding...started when i was in 3rd grade...but now my dad and i dont ride...i'll stop for a while coz of the accident i had...

·
Registered
275 Posts
good story, my dad rode all the time. grew up with dirt bikes and harleys. he never, never let me get on his bikes tho. but every once in awhile he'll ask for my keys. and i give em to him. its kinda crazy seein your dad on a bike like this but **** they were our age once too..

Happy fathers day.

·
Registered
520 Posts
my dad told me the same thing, i could never get a bike. but i guess that was like him saying no tattoos yet i convinced him AND my mom to get a tat with me on my birthday when i turned 18. long story short he bought a harley a year ago and we took out first ride together this past weekend for fathers day. it was pretty amazing to ride with him

·
07 Carbon Fiber King
288 Posts
Thats awesome! Everytime I go see my Dad and Mom we go for a ride. Weather its just in to town or to the city for dinner. I didnt get to see him for Fathers day but I will see him this weekend. Ill take pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts