Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have a lil oil leak on my bike. it's coming from a screw on the case cover my question is if i put gasket sealer on the screw and a lil on the rim will that stop the leak? if you have any other suggestions please let me know. thank you

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Do not apply it to the screw, that will make it a pita to get the screw off / put and risk you breaking it ....

do it right, remove the cover and apply gasket sealer propler on gasket surfaces.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cant i took a crash with no cut frame sliders the one that replaces the bolt to the engine cover now the screw hold outer is dented in a lil.

D

·
0 Posts
Replace all of the broken stuff and fix it right. If you can't get the bolts off right, cut them off. Pull the cover off then get the stud of the bolt out. Then do yourself a favor, cut a hole in your fairings and use no cut sliders.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Replace all of the broken stuff and fix it right. If you can't get the bolts off right, cut them off. Pull the cover off then get the stud of the bolt out. Then do yourself a favor, cut a hole in your fairings and use no cut sliders.
:+1:

If you go doing a half arsed job now you will only regret it down the track, and no just putting honda bond on there won't work.

Remove the cover, replace it if its damaged (good excuse for woodcrafts'?), along with the damaged bolts and get cut sliders.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's the Clutch cover not the alternator and I already got the woodcraft case cover I'll take the thing apart later on

D

·
0 Posts
Doesn't really matter if it's the stator or clutch cover, or if you already have a woodcraft case cover. Spend the time and fix it right or it will wind up costing you even more money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts