Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone does this. I would really like to be able to listen to music while riding but I still want to be able to hear whats going on around me. Safety is the most important thing. If I'm at a disadvantage while listening to music, I won't do it. Just wondering if other people do it before I get out there and get slammed by a bus I don't hear coming.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I listen to my MP3 player through my Chatterbox. That way I can always turn off the music quick if I need to. I never have it blasting anyway. I'd rather hear sirens or horns if necessary.

K

·
0 Posts
Yes i do, and no it doesn't. I have mine turned down where it's more background than forground.

·
Proud PAPA
4,808 Posts
I have my nano at full blast, by the time my helmet gones on my plugs are 1/2 out and i can still hear alot.

I was listening to my bike mix the other day next to a cbr1000 with a full akropovic system and i could hear him talking to me over all that.

Maybe i can just hear good.

K

·
0 Posts
I have my nano at full blast, by the time my helmet gones on my plugs are 1/2 out and i can still hear alot.

I was listening to my bike mix the other day next to a cbr1000 with a full akropovic system and i could hear him talking to me over all that.

Maybe i can just hear good.
no, i've got artillery ears and i can still hear well enough.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I do when riding alone. I have the earphonesolutions.com style that seal to your ear.

N

·
0 Posts
I have both "noise canceling" ear phones hooked up to my Ipod and I blast the music. If you do this, all and I mean ALL your focus needs to go around your surroundings.

This one time "...at band camp" I came up to an intersection (splitting through traffic) and the light had just turned green. I was nearing the front when I noticed the front cars weren't going which immediately alerted my spider-senses! I looked around and noticed "Carnage" was coming in fast with lights and sirens (though I couldn't hear it) blazing.

So, if you're going to ride with earphones/ear plugs/MP3, use the force young Jedi.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I used to listen to my MP3s through my Chatterbox. Sold it though.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I use these... they stay in the ear very well
and sound much better then the OEM ones.

http://www.xtrememac.com/audio/earphones_recorders/fs1/

About safety... Yeah I guess you sacrifice something.
But i have been doing so long I still feel like I can
sence danger and in some ways it makes you
more alert with your other sences.

Sux though when you get pulled over by a cop and
can't hear what he is saying.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
i listen to my mp3 player thru my wireless headphones i installed... i notice alot of times i actually tune out the music.... especially in congested traffic or if i am riding hard... found out i do this in my car as well... but i like the fact that i have it to listen to when i want to...

·
Registered
282 Posts
I ride with my Ipod Shuffle up on full blast and I hear exhaust, wind and anything that I really need to....the music is kinda in the background which is just the way I like it when riding. I wouldn't like the noise canceling kind.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I use my chatterbox. I love it...But, I am very careful not to turn it up louder than the sounds of the cars around me...and NEVER on a group ride..

·
Registered
238 Posts
I ride with my mp3 all the time on the street and the dirt but on the street it's more background like everyone is saying I can still hear fine but you got to be careful I get pumped in the dirt while rocking out and riding jumping and whatever and just make sure you don't do that on the street lol it can be bad heheh

·
Registered
364 Posts
I listen to my nano, but like many others have said with only one ear piece in. I use Sony sport headphones that wrap around your ear, they stay in well with the helmet on.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Oh, before I had the chatterbox, I used Shure E2c Sound Isolating Earphones
a little pricey but, are AWESOME!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts