Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think this is the write place to ask this if not please tell me where :p

i am 5'5, im about || from 5'6 haha ive been lookin at seat heights seems most 600's come out between 31.9 to 32.3, give or take on those both in inches i come out to about 67" i was wondering if any, how much trouble that would cause when sitting on it(math is not my strong point but it looks to be a very close to being a little high) but i cant say considering i do not know a single person with one so i havnt sat on one, and if it will be to the point where it will be a big enough problem to lower it, what would a suggested height be? and also a estimated cost on lowering it? tho i do anticpate to grow because i am still young, but i dont think anything drastic

·
Registered
84 Posts
okay, so you're not technically inclined... meh, neither am I.

This part is what the dealership is good for, go in and sit on they're bikes... They don't mind, its a potential sale so they'll be glad to let you

·
Registered
554 Posts
stock height is a bit high for you, I'm 5'7 and I cant flat feet
lower it a bit both front and rear and have the suspension set up right.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
hey man, how old are you? im 17 and 5'4 ...i went to dealership and sat on all the 600s, reached ground best on the 600rr.. i suggest u do the same.. i was touching with my tip toes.. but with boots i could probably flat foot it... so get MOTORCYCLE specific boots.. alpinestars is a good cheapish brand.

you can also lower your bike but dont do it.. it messes up bike's geometry (things will drag if u lean the bike in turns too much) .. and i dont think im still growing that much.. if ur like 17, i dont think ur gunna grow that much more .. if anything probably a few centimeters

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, ill go into a dealership and check it out. im 19, but average age to stop growing (not necessarily height wise) is early 20's for men, but i take a lot after my father, who grew untill he was 22 (grew an inch from 21 to 22) but hes 6'2 hahaha so i dont think there will be much growth :p thx again and im gona look into the boots as well

·
Registered
753 Posts
5'4" here. I sat on an 09 600rr and 09 gixxer 600 and it was fine. Its all about balance and control.
Yup, My wife is 5' nothing and rides the piss out of her '07. It is all about experience. I am 5'8", and I have ridden many bikes that I can not even get both toes down. BMW adventure tourers for example. Don't lower it. If you don't have the experience, get something used that you can drop, bang up and not worry about until you get used to it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good Choice

Stealership is the way to go... don't let them pressure you into a sale tho.
Bring a wacking.. I mean.. walking cane and keep the line that your recovering from _____________(<<place accident or situation here) and that'll buy you time to test things out.

LOL, btw, I'm just kidding... Salespeople at dealerships aren't like that at all!:icon_lol:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm 5'6" and cannot flat foot my 05 600rr, but it's really not a problem as the bike balances so easily. As far as lowering goes, it's not worth the negative impact on handling in my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts